Esiason: Cpep: 2007's Cinderella story | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Esiason: Cpep: 2007's Cinderella story

We are already getting high expectations for next season.

I also noticed how a took a shot at the bad commentating on MNF.

i hope Esiasons right, with a healthy and better daunte we will be the team that we expected....the defense as we all know is great, we have a real running game with ronnie plus we will get ricky back, and through the draft and free agency we will be able to work on some of our other weaknesses. you have to remember now a days in the nfl teams who were in slumps before make quick rebounds and playoff strides only a season after, this year the afc is looking to have 3 teams that were not in the playoffs last year but might as well be in them this year: the ravens who were 6-10 last year now look for the 2nd seed in the afc playoffs, the chargers who are on top of the afc who finished 9-7 last year, and it kills me to say it but the jets who finished 4-12 last year are real close to a playoff berth. We have big play guys we just need to make the season start off right and end right

Boomer Esiason is an idiot, even if he is predicting something positive for Miami.

Esiason is on our bandwagon... we're ****ed :(

While it's evident he no longer possesses the strongest arm in the league,

:confused: When did Pennington ever have the strongest arm in the league?

It could happen but that shouldn't stop the Fins from drafting a QB somewhere in the 07 draft.

Esiason may not have the best insight, but he does know QB's, so give him some credit.

i was scratching my head at the arm strength comment as well though...

Actually most people predicted that this year would be an adjustment period for Daunte and the dolphins and that next year would be the year when the team would really soar. Alot of people didn't Daunte would come in until the 4th or 5th game. It will be interesting to see how next year plays out.

clear.gif

More recovery time and familiarity with his new team should help Daunte Culpepper bounce back.

:confused: When did Pennington ever have the strongest arm in the league?

It could happen but that shouldn't stop the Fins from drafting a QB somewhere in the 07 draft.

I think that comment can be taken another way... I don't think he meant that Pennington ever had the strongest arm in the league, per say... I get what he's saying, he just did a poor job of articulating it.

I like

I like it. It could be true. C Pepp will work harder and will be more motivated because this season for him was embarassing. He came to MIami to lead the team to the superbowl. Jets were 4-12 last year look at them now they lost key players but they are going to the playoffs. We have our draft picks. Everybody has a year of experience (secondary, offense)

1. We would love Ricky back but if not we got a stud in Ronnie.
2. change the OC Mularkey. We need first run than pass.
3. Draft a stud at Wr speedy (Ginn, Calvin J or Jarett) We got Hagan and CC and booker and wes which I like but add another
4. O line could be ok if we can keep them together maybe sign someone but we got depth....
5. another pass rusher OLB or DE (I'm still confused if we should go WR or Pass rusher 1st round)
6. re Sign Bell, Holliday, Bowens, McIntosh
7. sign or draft a corner
8. hopefully our youth that was on the bench will start playin (Vickerson, wright, evans, allen)
9. We got two guys that should retire as fins so the whole team should help next year to lead them to playoffs and championship
I'm talking about the heart of the D Mr. Zach "best MLB" Thomas and the Great Jason "playmaker, Defensive MVP" Taylor. Do it for them *******
2007 Playoffs here we come

Esiason may not have the best insight, but he does know QB's, so give him some credit.

i was scratching my head at the arm strength comment as well though...

I think he just worded it badly.

I see no reason why a fully fit Culpepper can't get us back to the playoffs. Go back and look at his numbers through the first few games, they weren't that bad.

We better hope Esiason is right, because if he's not, were screwed. I think he's right, and I'm counting on it. Saban thinks he's right, and he's banking his career on it. Mularky thinks, well who cares what Mularky thinks.

Back
Top Bottom