ESPN all but closes a door on the Edge to Miami rumor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN all but closes a door on the Edge to Miami rumor

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Mar. 9 - Lacking the cap room to make Edgerrin James a multi-year offer, the Colts might seek to trade the Pro Bowl running back, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. Indianapolis president/general manager Bill Polian said he will begin to contact teams and make inquiries about interest in James, the Colts' franchise player.

James has hinted in the past that he would like to play in Miami, but league sources have told ESPN.com that new Dolphins coach Nick Saban is not interested in trading for James.

This is from Insider, regular forum wont see this ;)

There seems to be two schools of thought. Here's what the Herald reported today

SHOPPING E.J.

James, meanwhile, seems headed out of Indianapolis after South Florida agent Drew Rosenhaus talked with Colts president and GM Bill Polian on Wednesday morning.

The result of that meeting: James probably will not get a multiyear contract offer from the Colts and is on the trading block.

Rosenhaus said he was free to shop James to interested teams and that Polian would be doing likewise.

And the price for Indianapolis' franchise player?

''There is no first-round requirement,'' Rosenhaus said. ``We had a great conversation, but it's clear they won't be able to do a long-term deal, so they will call teams and encouraged me to do the same.

``Polian explained to me that they will be very reasonable in the compensation they request because it's not even one first-round pick, he told me.''

The Colts declined to address the matter when contacted by The Herald.

Rosenhaus has talked recently to many teams, including the Dolphins, about acquiring James.

But most teams, including the Dolphins, dismissed the notion because they believed the move would require giving up two first-round picks.

That requirement has been lifted, according to Rosenhaus, who plans a new round of talks with various teams that might show new interest in the 26-year-old former University of Miami standout.

''This is a major development, so I will be contacting teams again and expecting to get something done relatively soon,'' Rosenhaus said.

``I will talk to the Dolphins again and, as I did before, I will pretty much talk to every team that needs a running back. If a team didn't have a Pro Bowl player at running back, I will call them.''

Miami's need at running back is obvious, and Saban is on record saying he would seriously consider adding James ``if the opportunity ever presented itself.''

I'd much rather sign Edge rather than hope that we draft a Pro Bowl caliber RB (if we can fit Edge into our cap).

welcome aboard celtkin,,also i agree with you ,,james would be a good fit,,

I'm not buying that we're out of the Edge derby. There's just too much momentum and background noise about a move to totally kibosh a deal. That said, I strongly prefer Alexander, who is younger, doesn't have a blown-out knee, and is 10X the goalline runner that Edge is.

Back
Top Bottom