ESPN analyst ranks Dolphins CB unit as best in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN analyst ranks Dolphins CB unit as best in the NFL

Our 3rd and 4th corners could start for other playoff contenders, and our 5th could start at nickle for almost all the teams regardless of his lack of speed.
It's unreal how that unit has gone from outhouse to penthouse in such short fashion. Can't wait to see it in action!

It’s unreal how many fans were shocked we took a CB with the 51st pick. Especially after the run on TEs happened.
The guys at 3YPC ( Simon in particular) had been talking Cam up for a while prior to the draft. The more I read about him and watched his film it seemed like a strong possibility. Then as the second round got rolling you could see it coming. Great pick from a pure talent/cap perspective, it's gonna look real good when some of these high price tags come due.

The guys at 3YPC ( Simon in particular) had been talking Cam up for a while prior to the draft. The more I read about him and watched his film it seemed like a strong possibility. Then as the second round got rolling you could see it coming. Great pick from a pure talent/cap perspective, it's gonna look real good when some of these high price tags come due.

I wanted this kid before Christmas.

When that first round ended I only wanted three players, Porter Jr, Michael Mayer or Cam Smith. It’s a shame our “owner” cost us the TE to go with the CB.

I knew Porter and Mayer weren’t possible, didn’t really think CS was going to be either.

CB cost us more games last year than any other position group, aside from the cheap hit from Matt Milano. Getting Ramsey and Smith was absolutely best case scenario for off season.

Aside from all that, we need guys to throw at Mahomes for the next decade plus.

Last edited:
I thought Miami would go defense at #51. That was the strength of the 2023 draft. I also thought it was possible 5 TE's would go before #51. I certainly didn't think Cam Smith would be there. I mentioned in the draft forum, Miami was very Interested in the CB talent, because they were all over, the CB's early and often during the pre draft process.

As it turned out Grier had an inside look at Smith and he took him when he was available. The TE's eventually went in the later part of round one into the top portion of round two. And if it weren't for Washington's injury situation, he may have gone much earlier than he did. Overall 4 TE's were selected before 51 and Miami chose to pass on Washington for Higgins, in round six.

Cam Smith was the forgotten man. A kid with lots of talent. Hopefully Grier's instincts turn out to be as good as they were when he took both Howard and Holland in round two.

As for ESPN, if Needham returns to form, Kohou makes a jump and Smith has an impact, I agree Miami's CB's can be dominant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom