ESPN article about Griese | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN article about Griese

sounds like Rick got what he wanted after all
For him to qualify for any kind of a bonus based on passing yards, Griese would have to throw for 3,800 yards, a level that he never achieved in any of his four seasons as the Broncos' starter

Were he to take all of the snaps in 2003 and take the Dolphins to Super Bowl XXXVIII, Griese's compensation would still be less than the average for a starter in the league, according to Miami's proposal.

Rick IMO is the best general manager out there. We dont over pay for player and we get who we want.

Originally posted by zonk39
Rick IMO is the best general manager out there. We dont over pay for player and we get who we want.
well it will certainly be interesting to see if other clubs try to build incentives into every deal like we have

But then again, we also wanted a 2 year deal. But if you look at the second year, there's not much chance we'll keep him. With a cap hit that we'll take for him, I don't see it happening unless we get a restructure.

I think this reporter hit it on the head when he states:

"I think Griese will have a renewed passion in Miami. Instead of sitting on the bench by himself, he needs to win over his teammates and have them rally around him. If you're Joe Montana or you have four Super Bowl rings, then you can be a "loner." But Griese is not there yet, and at the quarterback position, I'd take a guy with decent talent and great leadership qualities over a guy with great talent and poor leadership any day. "

Here's is where my arguments about BG resigns...This is what I want him to improve to actually have a chance at taking over this team..Chemistry is very important in this game..You have to have guys who a willing to fight on your behalf..Ricky got extra yardage, because the OL liked him and went the extra mile for him, knowing he would reward them with extra yards and possibly break a big one...now that's trust. BG needs to establish this with the team, Lucas had this with them, but he failed to produce.

Back
Top Bottom