ESPN Article 'Organizational Reports' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Article 'Organizational Reports'

cnyphinfan

Starter
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins
If you want to see what the Miami Dolphins look like in 2005, just look at the New England Patriots over the last couple of seasons.

Head coach Nick Saban believes in the Bill Belichick approach on both sides of the ball, and he will utilize it with the Dolphins. Miami will run the ball to set up the pass, and they will not take a lot of chances offensively. New offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is aggressive, but he will react to what the defense gives him. For example, if he faces eight man fronts, he will throw the ball on the perimeter. But if he faces a lot of cover schemes, he will pound the ball inside.

The offense asks the QB to be a caretaker. They will run the ball a ton with rookie first round draft pick, Ronnie Brown, but they must improve their offensive line because right now, that is a tremendous weakness. Don't look for them to take a lot of chances, as they will try to control the clock, slow down the game, and keep it close until they get better personnel. Defensively, Saban will try to get this group bigger and more physical in a hurry, and he will utilize more 3-4 schemes. The Dolphins have been an undersized, speed oriented, 4-3 unit for the last several years, but that all changes now. Miami will mirror the New England Patriots most on defense where they will change their looks from week to week and even during a game. Saban will get players that can be interactive parts and can play in a lot of different schemes. This is a work in progress and player departures and arrivals on defense in Miami will occur at a fast pace for the next year or two.

I don't understand their point about not taking chances on offense. Everything I have heard from the players and Saban indicates that they will take alot of chances going deep, trick plays, etc. This sounds like too conservative for Linehan and Saban. And I think the end regarding Saban wanting to get bigger on defense in the next couple of years does not bode well for Zach, but I think that they will make an exception for him if he continues to perform. Besides, as long as we have some big DTs Zach is awesome!! And great piece of sports writing about 'if he faces 8 man front, they will throw, if not they will run'. Holy Cow stop the presses!! That theory is going to revolutionize the NFL!!!:lol:

Don't sweat it man. That came from Athlon Sports. SI just regurgitated it on their site. Everything the coaches have said tell us we will be explosivce. They obviously didn't read the interviews like we did.

Back
Top Bottom