Espn Barnwell Has Dolphins Offense Ranked 31 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Barnwell Has Dolphins Offense Ranked 31

So we are hearing both positives and negatives from the media. Some think Miami will surprise, others are saying probably top five pick. The thing is, for virtually every team you could make an argument as to why the team will go 6-10 or 10-6 at this point in the offseason.

It's pretty much put up or shut up time for Miami. I see an offense that, based on talent and IMO, should be at least slightly above NFL average. Certainly there are questions raised in this post as to the legitimacy of the offensive line, whether Sitton will remain dominant, how good Kilgore is etc. Those are fair questions. To me, the offense needs to take off in year three of Adam Gase, or it might be time to look elsewhere. There is a lot for this team to prove and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I think this is great news that most publications, sport networks, and Vegas think of Miami as bottom feeders, or at best, mediocre... I just wished the offence had been ranked 32nd.

Eventually opponents with all this bad press, and low rankings, will start to buy what everyone else is selling...So what if with Tannehill, the offense ran well, and much better then the way Jay Cutler ran it...so what if Miami still has very talented receivers, but now have much better TEs...So what if Drake looked like the best RB in the NFL by the end of last season, but now has a Veteran backing him up in Gore, that still good enough to have 1000 yard seasons, and a Rookie in Ballage that has done nothing but impress so far...So what if Miami lost nothing at center, but made huge gains at guard.

Please NFL keep believing Miami will be nothing special on Offense...Or even Defense for that matter.

I will say this and people may not wanna hear it . . . But far too much confidence in Ryan Tannehill and this restructured offensive line around these parts this early in the process.

Hopefully Sitton comes in and dominates, but we always seem to get these guys late when it’s more paychecks and maybe less focus on being the stud we hope he is.

I’m not a big Kilgore fan at all, think we downgraded, although the consistency is what we are seeking which we didn’t have from an uncertain Mike Pouncey.

Davis and Larsen at RG still don’t wow me, despite Davis playing well last year.

The bookends struggled last year often, and hopefully a guy like Sitton fits in and improves the overall play, but I am not overly confident that happens, just hopeful.

What else can you be at this point? I think most phin fans know what they have in Tannehill. There still is a possibility of a mid career renaissance where the mental aspects of the game start to click but far more likely is that he is the same QB he was in 2016....not bad and not great.

Pretending to know what you're going to get out of a free agent interior lineman is a fools errand. There are so many factors that impact their performance on the field which have nothing to do with individual talent. I do think if the phins can get 12+ games with the same starting 5 the line is pretty much guaranteed to be better than what they had last season.

So we are hearing both positives and negatives from the media. Some think Miami will surprise, others are saying probably top five pick. The thing is, for virtually every team you could make an argument as to why the team will go 6-10 or 10-6 at this point in the offseason.

It's pretty much put up or shut up time for Miami. I see an offense that, based on talent and IMO, should be at least slightly above NFL average. Certainly there are questions raised in this post as to the legitimacy of the offensive line, whether Sitton will remain dominant, how good Kilgore is etc. Those are fair questions. To me, the offense needs to take off in year three of Adam Gase, or it might be time to look elsewhere. There is a lot for this team to prove and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I get the variability. Look at it this way. Of the projected starters, there are questions about Kilgore, Davis, Sitton, James, Tunsil, Parker, Amendola, Wilson, Gesicke, and Tannehill. And that doesn't include Landry, Pouncey, Ajayi, and Gase. IMO, not all are REASONABLE questions, but questions nonetheless. Those with a pessimistic bent see all these questions, see Miami's history post-Marino, and turn those questions into likelihoods. Some, unfortunately, see all the questions and predict all will turn out as playing to potential. Most of us see the questions and predict we will mostly see the same players we saw last year, and some of the new faces will play to potential. Even there, there are degrees. I see Sitton and Gesicki as confident (not guaranteed) upgrades. About half the remainder will play well, possibly more.

That's a long way of saying, projections based on mindset are all over the map. My hope is Gase takes all these predictions and posts them in the locker room in mid-August.

Well if he was being honest and said that he has no clue how good they'll be then noone would read it.......

Most optimistic Dolphin fans foresee a drastic improvement in QB play, a more consistent o-line, and a full year of Drake. Most fans that do not follow the team see an already bad offense that experienced an exodus of high end talent that was replaced by journeyman free agents.
This is, I believe, an accurate thought. However, for those of us who search for news 365, we understand the detail of last year’s no Pouncey practice, Jesse Davis emergence, etc. my question; why do they not have staff that gives national writers the knowledge that any forum reader has.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

this is his list from last year at this time
LA Rams - 29 (finished 1st in scoring o and 10th in yards)
KC - 27 (finished 6th in scoring and 5th in yards)
Lions - 22 (finished 7th in scoring and 13th in yards)
Vikings - 21 (finished 10th in scoring and 11th in yards)
Eagles - 17 (finished 3rd in scoring and 7th in yards and won superbowl)
Miami - 3 (LMAO)
Maybe he doesn’t understand how the order should go?? Like he thinks 32nd is the best?

What else can you be at this point? I think most phin fans know what they have in Tannehill. There still is a possibility of a mid career renaissance where the mental aspects of the game start to click but far more likely is that he is the same QB he was in 2016....not bad and not great.

Pretending to know what you're going to get out of a free agent interior lineman is a fools errand. There are so many factors that impact their performance on the field which have nothing to do with individual talent. I do think if the phins can get 12+ games with the same starting 5 the line is pretty much guaranteed to be better than what they had last season.

Some posters talk about his 2016 season on here like it is up there with Marino's 84 season.

There was a post here a month or so ago that compared the first 77 games of Drew Brees and Ryan Tannehill. Read it if you want and tell me if you still think the fanbase knows what they have in Tannehill. Just to give you an idea, i was mocked for saying it was apples and oranges to compare the two.

Not clicking on the link....not sure why i even clicked on the thread (no offense to kellyh3034).

Nothing wrong with the article at all, he threw in some opinion and facts to justify his claim....the Dolphins will have to prove them all wrong that's all.

Well our worst ranking with a Tannehill lead offense has been 27th twice, so I can't see why we would all of sudden be 31st. I could maybe see us being bad but not 31st bad, maybe the low 20's. But since I expect them to go 10-6 I see a top 15 offense.

Yeah that team has to many new pieces and they won't know what to do. It will be something to watch.

If I am being honest, they should be top 5 on this list for potential and ability (talking of their skill players).

Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Hyde, Chubb, Johnson, Njoku . . .and heaven forbid if Callaway has turned the corner and gets on the field.

And I think people are sleeping heavily on Tyrod Taylor. He is a great fit and has the skill players to bail him out when he needs to improvise.

Obviously they are the Browns, so It is hard to project their offense so high plus a lot of questionable characters, but the potential is damn high.

Cleveland from 32nd in scoring last year all the way to 13. I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Landry is that good man. lol.

If I am being honest, they should be top 5 on this list for potential and ability (talking of their skill players).

Gordon, Landry, Coleman, Hyde, Chubb, Johnson, Njoku . . .and heaven forbid if Callaway has turned the corner and gets on the field.

And I think people are sleeping heavily on Tyrod Taylor. He is a great fit and has the skill players to bail him out when he needs to improvise.

Obviously they are the Browns, so It is hard to project their offense so high plus a lot of questionable characters, but the potential is damn high.

But in all seriousness............yeah Cleveland should be the next St. Louis and if they aren't it is total club failure based solely on effort and not talent.

Back
Top Bottom