Espn Barnwell Has Dolphins Offense Ranked 31 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Barnwell Has Dolphins Offense Ranked 31

I think era has to be considered. Brees had the 10th most TD's during that time frame and there were 11 QB's during that time who had 100+ TD's. Tannehill had the 15th most TD's and there were 16 QB's who threw 100+ td's.

Also Brees's QBR of 87.5 was 11th best and there were 4 QB's who had 90+ QBR during that timeframe while Tannehills 86.5 is only good for 25th and there were 15 QB's who held a 90+ QBR during that timeframe.
You certainly make a good point, I agree that the passing game wasnt what it is these days, biggest difference IMO is volume, offenses were much more balanced back then which affects the total amounts of TDs and INTs also.

But looking at the ratios, they're exactly the same at 1.4TD and 0.9INT... As for the ratings, I'll give you that, but you also have to consider SD had one of the best rushing offense in the NFL during his career over there... Im not going to flat out tell you their OL was better than Tannehill's because frankly I dont know, but I strongly doubt they were bottom half of the league.

All in all, Im saying they were comparable players at that point in their careers and I wouldnt have a problem with someone giving the edge to Brees with arguable facts...

But I certainly wouldnt call it apple to oranges and call people homers over it...

I think era has to be considered. Brees had the 10th most TD's during that time frame and there were 11 QB's during that time who had 100+ TD's. Tannehill had the 15th most TD's and there were 16 QB's who threw 100+ td's.

Also Brees's QBR of 87.5 was 11th best and there were 4 QB's who had 90+ QBR during that timeframe while Tannehills 86.5 is only good for 25th and there were 15 QB's who held a 90+ QBR during that timeframe.

One thing the stats don’t show. Brees came into the nfl with LT. I’m sure RT17 would have better stats if he played his 1st 4 years with a HOF RB.

The irony is, Miami's arsenal is certainly better this year than last.

To even discuss Miami's skill position players and not mention the drastic change in QB shows how uninformed this guy is.

To wait until the last sentence to mention Kenyan Drake's name? Then to say he might get squeezed out a bit?

Sometimes it's better to sneak up on people.

I am sure Mike Vrabel is looking at tape of Parker, Stills, Grant, Gesicki, Drake, Gore, Amendola and Wilson and not smiling while doing it.

It's easy to look around the NFL and pick unit's from other teams to be envious about and want to replace our unit with there's. Like Minnesota's LB's, Dallas's OL, Jax's DL. I am not spending too much time day dreaming about swapping our skill position players for Pittsburgh's, LAR or Atlanta's. Not because they aren't stacked (although none possess a TE like MG) but because they're top heavy and it's just not needed.

Every year at this time of the year everything is alway better than it was last year. According to the fans anyway.

I dont see how an upgrade at QB, OG, and TE with a downgrade solely at slot wr would make our offense worse than last year. Hell I'm not even really convinced that we will miss Landry. You give Wilson or Amendola the same route tree and amount of targets and I'm pretty convinced that they'd have similar or more production out of the slot.

We are pretty bad offensively, but not 31 bad. More like 22 to 25 range.

We are pretty bad offensively, but not 31 bad. More like 22 to 25 range.

The fact that none of these idiot reporters are considering Tannehills return to the offense is just ridiculous....We were 16th in the last year he led the offense, and then went way downhill with Cutler (Worst starter in the entire league according to PFF) leading us....

So with Tannehill coming back he expects us to be worse than we were even with Cutler (28th).....just makes all the sense in the world

Back
Top Bottom