ESPN Cap numbers Dolphins $5.1m under | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Cap numbers Dolphins $5.1m under

dude dont read the header... its always been like that look at the little sentence it sez as of april 22... i like it we in better shape thatn most teams!!!

nice, didnt even bother reading on once i saw teh header earlier...theyve done that before, i shouldve known better

But I thought we were going to be in "cap jail".....

I couldn't help but notice new england is only 2.25M under the cap. Are they going to have enough money to sign all those draft picks, especially the 2 first rounders or the high first they might trade up to get?

Good, now lock up that overrated player in my username. :up:

Next year is when we get sentenced to cap jail. We've got a lot of guys whose cap figures go way up next year -- both the new guys and the restructures -- and we've extended just about all of our high-priced veterans. There will either have to be a bunch of pay cuts or we'll have to start dismantling the defense. In fact, once our draft is done and our picks are signed, I hope we get Chambers locked up long-term and try to front-load the cap on him a little more than usual.

Well Clayton finally agrees with me as I have the Dolphins at $5.176 million under the cap. It's about time. :lol:

I have been meaning to analyze all the restructured contracts and finally did a 2005 salary cap sheet after PFW wrote the Dolphins have screwed up their 2005 cap. Even though I think it's much too early as we haven't even finalized the roster for this year. Just keep that in mind.

I assumed a $10 million signing bonus and minimum salary for Ogunleye. Also a $6 million bonus and the minimum salary for Chambers. I also added two minimum salaries of $230k for 53 contracts. This yields a total team salary of $91.439 million. Ample proof that the 2005 cap is screwed up.

Looking at the details: Jay Fiedler's cap charge is $7.146 million, Seau's cap charge is $3.438 million and Arturo Freeman's base salary is $3 million. Cutting these three players and including the dead money for Fiedler and Seau, total team salary is $81.057 million. That should be under next year's cap considering this year's cap is $80.582 million.

Since we do have so much cap room this year, hopefully we take advantage of the rules and transfer a decent chuck of it to next year.

The Dolphins again will be right up against the cap next year and will have to make good draft decisions along with cap friendly deals.

Back
Top Bottom