espn.com nfl rumors on austin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn.com nfl rumors on austin

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
its says dolphins could nab austin. i would be highley pi$$ed if we wasted a 1st and 3rd on this guy. i would love to have him but thats way to much.maby a 3rd and a later pick. if they do make this move i dont know what i will do.
mods please delete i didnt see the other thread

its says dolphins could nab austin. i would be highley pi$$ed if we wasted a 1st and 3rd on this guy. i would love to have him but thats way to much.maby a 3rd and a later pick. if they do make this move i dont know what i will do.
mods please delete i didnt see the other thread
Miles did only have 1 good season,however he was extremely consistant throughout the year,and never had a dull momment,nor did he not play to the best of his abilities....I really feel he is a number 1 in the NFL.He is very integrated with running routes,hand positioning and YAC,which is something Miami desperately needs.

Hartline(6'2") and Austin (6'2") would make for a good starting duo,with Bess and Ginn in the slot.I wouldnt be mad at all if we gave Dallas a 1st and 3rd rounders,because really we know exactly what we need to draft in the 2nd and 4th rounds.

Bottom line,Miles just doesnt make me think of Braylon Edwards.....('07)

Get Cam Thomas in the 2nd,and grab a Cameron Sheffield(SOLB)....I expect Sparano to keep his word about turning over every rock,so its definately not out of the question.

me too. but still i wouldnt give up a 1st on any of them
Not to mention the price tag for Boldin will be much cheaper than a 1st + 3rd. As of right now Austin is a one year wonder (I would be for him if he was cheaper to bring in of course).

Other than this year, what kind of opportunity did Austin get? Seriously asking. I don't have thrown to stats or anything.

Not to mention the price tag for Boldin will be much cheaper than a 1st + 3rd. As of right now Austin is a one year wonder (I would be for him if he was cheaper to bring in of course).
Its would cost a first to bring in Dez Bryant who is even less proven than Austin. Hell, Bryant didn't even play last year.

Austin is 25 or 26. Something like that. He is a young player who has proven he is at least capable of producing on this level, yet he is not worth what Dez Bryant is, plus a third?

Other than this year, what kind of opportunity did Austin get? Seriously asking. I don't have thrown to stats or anything.
He had 18 catches before this year.

This year, when he got regular PT, he caught 63% of the passes thrown to him. Thats really good. And he only started 9 games this year, yet still put up 1320 yards and caught 81 passes. Thats sick.

Miles did only have 1 good season,however he was extremely consistant throughout the year,and never had a dull momment,nor did he not play to the best of his abilities....I really feel he is a number 1 in the NFL.He is very integrated with running routes,hand positioning and YAC,which is something Miami desperately needs.

Hartline(6'2") and Austin (6'2") would make for a good starting duo,with Bess and Ginn in the slot.I wouldnt be mad at all if we gave Dallas a 1st and 3rd rounders,because really we know exactly what we need to draft in the 2nd and 4th rounds.

Bottom line,Miles just doesnt make me think of Braylon Edwards.....('07)

Get Cam Thomas in the 2nd,and grab a Cameron Sheffield(SOLB)....I expect Sparano to keep his word about turning over every rock,so its definately not out of the question.

Doesn't make any sense and its obviously pure speculation on the part of ESPN. If Parcells was going to give up the #12 and #74 picks it would be for Vincent Jackson, not Miles Austin.

Vincent Jackson, Cam Thomas and then trade back up into the 3rd round for say Eric Norwood or Jason Worilds would be a better scenario. But of course, you never know...

Its would cost a first to bring in Dez Bryant who is even less proven than Austin. Hell, Bryant didn't even play last year.

Austin is 25 or 26. Something like that. He is a young player who has proven he is at least capable of producing on this level, yet he is not worth what Dez Bryant is, plus a third?
I'd prefer we don't draft Bryant IMO. I'm not saying Austin isn't a player/won't become a lasting star, but see how Dallas traded for Roy E. Williams when he was good for the Lions. He definitely wasn't worth the 1st + 3rd they paid for him.

If Boldin can be had for a 2nd or 3rd + situational player, I'd prefer that so we can address defense with our 1st.

all Im sayin is,Miles is producing at a level....right now....

you think(not directed towards you tyler) that Dez can help Henne,right now?

You've got another thing coming.Now,Im not endorsing the trade,but for some of you who'd rather use a high pick on a receiver who must likely wont contribute that much(at least not as much as Miles could) need to fill me in on that knowledge.Miles is essentially a draft pick,being that hes really young,but from what we've seen hes really good,and theres more of a chance to be a successful team with a WR whos got experience and credentials....

He had 18 catches before this year.

This year, when he got regular PT, he caught 63% of the passes thrown to him. Thats really good. And he only started 9 games this year, yet still put up 1320 yards and caught 81 passes. Thats sick.
I kinda thought the same thing. I had a good feeling about Austin until started reading this thread. Then I got confused. Not that he was unproven, but more that he hadn't been give a chance yet (Until this year). And when he got his chance he exploded. Maybe we could swap our odd WR out instead of the 3rd round pick? Its a stretch, I know.

Back
Top Bottom