ESPN.com: NFL - Salisbury: Ranking the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com: NFL - Salisbury: Ranking the AFC East

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
He ranks us #2, but I think his reason is sound for now.

In the offseason the Miami Dolphins filled two major weaknesses by hiring Norv Turner as their offensive coordinator and acquiring Ricky Williams from New Orleans. Both moves will make Jay Fiedler a better quarterback and put him in a position to be successful. My offensive coordinator at USC, Turner is one of the best at making good QBs great. I believe in him. Turner will add a major dimension to the Dolphins' offense. Williams improves the Miami running game because he has fresh legs and can rush for 1,400 yards. He will help turn Fiedler into a solid quarterback with options. When defenses begin keying on Williams, Fiedler will see his receivers in a lot of man-to-man situations. Defensively, Jason Taylor has proved he can take his game to another level, Zach Thomas will be healthy, and I love their corners. The Dolphins safeties are physical. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins and Patriots flip-flop throughout the year. I can see the Dolphins winning the division.

AFC East Ranking

Also: CNNsI new power ranking

We're also #2 there.

[CNNSI Preseason Power Ranking

Last edited by a moderator:
Defensively, Jason Taylor has proved he can take his game to another level

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this sentence? Anyone? ;)

As written:

Defensively, Jason Taylor has proved he can take his game to another level

Properly written:

Defensively, Jason Taylor has proven he can take his game to another level.

Now that I've properly edited the text do I get a plush toy?!?! :rocker:

As for the content of the article, I agree that it's sound. He's basically saying that the Patsies didn't lose anyone important in the offseason so until someone knocks them off the top of the hill, they're still occupying the peak. He did leave himself a great big out though by saying that he believes the 'Fins and Pats could flip-flop positions throughout the year, and that he wouldn't be suprised to see the 'Fins on top come December.

The thing that Salisbury doesn't mention is that the patsies will play a 1st place schedule this year versus the 4 or 5th place one they played last year........welcome to the big leagues NE :happydrin

MD I think that Peter King is ranking offseason moves not Power Ranking the teams.

No way the Patsies win again. People will be gunning for them. No more last place schedule, and Brady will be gameplanned for. No more **** or tuck! No more fix is on to let the PATRIOTS win post Sept 11th.

Originally posted by DJFinfan
MD I think that Peter King is ranking offseason moves not Power Ranking the teams.

I didn't think it was a power ranking..but I did take it to mean how he sees the AFC east at this point..

The power ranking for the CNNSI piece came directly from the title of the article, not from me.

he did say
The Dolphins safeties are physical. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins and Patriots flip-flop throughout the year. I can see the Dolphins winning the division.
:cool:

I am insulted. He said we will flip-flop with the Patriots, but we are a far superior team to them and he has them first, so this guy is wrong and you shouldn't listen to him since the Pats will finish third in the division.

listen to what i have to say

if we can tie with them last year with 11-5 recs. Plus add a Ricky and O-line, we should come on top

and like the man said, they havent added anyone

Back
Top Bottom