ESPN.com:Young, unproven QBs figure to draw attention | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN.com:Young, unproven QBs figure to draw attention

Anthony3454

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2021162

I don't think this has been posted already. This article is about how the lack of proven QBs available next offseason will lead to unproven QBs becoming hot comodities. They named players like David Garrard, Rohan Davey, J.T. O'Sullivan, and Josh McCown who they think will be in demand next year.

This article made me want to draft a QB with #2 overall very badly. I believe in Feeley, but there's a chance that he won't be good enough. If he isn't good enough there will be very few options next year. Now if the same thing happens and we have Alex Smith ready to step up, our QB position is not a problem.

I want to draft a QB in the 1st round because I don't want to have to be in a bidding war next offseason for David Garrard, who isn't even a starting caliber QB.

I agree, it seems like there arent really good QB in FA and you always have to trade for one if you want one. With how deep the RB class is this year, we should take Smith in 1st and RB in 3rd.

Anthony3454 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2021162

I don't think this has been posted already. This article is about how the lack of proven QBs available next offseason will lead to unproven QBs becoming hot comodities. They named players like David Garrard, Rohan Davey, J.T. O'Sullivan, and Josh McCown who they think will be in demand next year.

This article made me want to draft a QB with #2 overall very badly. I believe in Feeley, but there's a chance that he won't be good enough. If he isn't good enough there will be very few options next year. Now if the same thing happens and we have Alex Smith ready to step up, our QB position is not a problem.

I want to draft a QB in the 1st round because I don't want to have to be in a bidding war next offseason for David Garrard, who isn't even a starting caliber QB.

Ah. But Rohan Davey may be a huge possiblity considering he played very well for Saban at LSU. It would be somewhat a a coup to draw him away from Belicheck as well.

I would LOVE for Rogers to fall to us, then I am all over getting a qb. I am also a Feeley supporter and think he will be good, but Rodgers may be special. H emay not but he seems teh most certain IMO. Smith has questions of mechanics and deep outs, he seems like he will be good but is more of a project. I think Campbell, Orton, Walter and McPherson will also be very good and have better arms. Smith has them all in intelligence, that is his strength that will compensate for his weaknesses, but the deep outs scare me, no matter how smart you are, if your outs float, dbs are too good to get it past. It is one thing to throw them in a workout uncontested, its another to do it with pressure and dbs that can close.

dolfan4good said:
Ah. But Rohan Davey may be a huge possiblity considering he played very well for Saban at LSU. It would be somewhat a a coup to draw him away from Belicheck as well.

He might have been good at LSU, but he doesn't have the talent to be a starting QB in the NFL. Many experts felt that the Pats biggest weakness last season was their depth at QB.

I think that if we do draft a QB in the first round we will prob cut Rosenfels and have a 3 way battle at QB.

PhinDude88 said:
I think that if we do draft a QB in the first round we will prob cut Rosenfels and have a 3 way battle at QB.

I agree, Rosenfels was nothing more than a pity signing because no other team wanted him.

the rosenfels signing may be just another "game" saban is playing with everyone. it unanimous that everyones is upset about his "no-info" policy.. it's messing up all the mock drafts.

rickeyrunsover said:
but the deep outs scare me, no matter how smart you are, if your outs float, dbs are too good to get it past.

Smith's "out's" don't float. His strength is much better for the comebacks and deep outs where he throws with good precision.

Anthony3454 said:
He might have been good at LSU, but he doesn't have the talent to be a starting QB in the NFL. Many experts felt that the Pats biggest weakness last season was their depth at QB.

They said that when Bledsoe was starting too though.

silverloop13 said:
They said that when Bledsoe was starting too though.

When? Bledsoe was one of the many they looked at as being the next Marino. I was never crazy about him, but nobody ever questioned his talent.

rafael said:
When? Bledsoe was one of the many they looked at as being the next Marino. I was never crazy about him, but nobody ever questioned his talent.

You missed my point. The discussion was on depth at the QB position. That includes back ups. I picked Bledsoe in my fantasy draft the last year he was a Pat. I wanted to know who his back up was and dont remember reading anything positive about his back up who ended up being a pretty great QB.

Again the key word is depth.

Girrard is a good QB in development. If given a chance, he could flourish.

in every draft there ar only 3 or 4 qbs with first round grades. we have a chance to draft a quarterback that is rated top three overall in the whole draft. i prefer smith, but i don't know how we could pass on either one of them. hopefully we will never be picking this early again......

silverloop13 said:
You missed my point. The discussion was on depth at the QB position. That includes back ups. I picked Bledsoe in my fantasy draft the last year he was a Pat. I wanted to know who his back up was and dont remember reading anything positive about his back up who ended up being a pretty great QB.

Again the key word is depth.

Whats that guys name again? :wink: Funny how it is like unmentionable. Saban is going to find us a QB, whether he grooms AJ or Alex or whomever.

Back
Top Bottom