ESPN- Draft Daffy??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN- Draft Daffy???

Steve S

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Love ESPN and appreciate their excellent overall draft coverage but have to complain about the level of intelligence and reality that talking heads like Salisbury and Schlereth bring or don't bring to the table.

It was clear tonight that these two are willing to hype any player they can despite watching them only a few times on film.

David Pollack "is legal thievery" for the Vikings at 18 and will rebuild their defense immediately- Salisbury

Schlereth went on and on about Miami admitting they made a mistake with Feeley and should move on with Alex Smith.

I wish that the network would leave the heavy lifting to those who actually follow both college and pro football like Kiper and John Clayton.

Kiper, love him or hate him, right or wrong, at least prepares 11 months a year for his time and does a credible if not outstanding job. Anybody who mocks the king of the mock should realize that we could be stuck with a lot of Theissman, Salisbury or Romanowski, meatheads all.

It seems that ESPN have problems with keeping their quality reporters consistent. Clayton, Pasquarelli, Mortenson are never around anymore. Occasionally Mort comes on and does a 2 minute set with Dan Patrick but all these Schleteth, Salisbury, Wingo idiots and annoying me.

HysterikiLL said:
It seems that ESPN have problems with keeping their quality reporters consistent. Clayton, Pasquarelli, Mortenson are never around anymore. Occasionally Mort comes on and does a 2 minute set with Dan Patrick but all these Schleteth, Salisbury, Wingo idiots and annoying me.
the nfl live crew does not know anything. Mike golic is a jet fan and he is so biased againsts us

I agree these guys should stick to speaking only about the NFL, funny how they often over look their NCAA guys at draft time.

One more thing that kinda eats at me ESPN is now so "MTV" ish its about being cool not informative.

I like ESPN U's concept of covering the draft. They will cover the picks like ESPN will, then instead of giving info about that player that was drafted, they are going to do a story about the team that player just left and how they are going to try and replace him. IE, When Aaron Rodgers is selected, they'll do a story about who Cal has coming in to replace him and their chances with the new quarterback and such. Pretty cool concept I think. Would be even more fun if this was one of those years that the Canes or Noles had like 10 players being drafted in the first two rounds. lol

zodiak said:
I agree these guys should stick to speaking only about the NFL, funny how they often over look their NCAA guys at draft time.

One more thing that kinda eats at me ESPN is now so "MTV" ish its about being cool not informative.

Yeah they blew the whole Gary Sheffield thing with the fan up so much that it turned into like everyone patting everyone's back and it just being a soap opera.

Pfffft I don't care how well Sheffield restrained himself or how quick the security guard was I just want to see the highlight of it and then keep moving to new stuff.

All they ever do now is focus on one thing the whole of the show like how cool Tom Brady is or how much of a mouth TO and Freddie Mitchell are instead of actually showing games and giving you the info.

Back
Top Bottom