ESPN First Take discusses Josh Freeman signing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN First Take discusses Josh Freeman signing

skip said the first full year for Freeman was better than anything we have seen from Tannehill. I think that is pretty safe to say, he put up better #s and his team won more games than any season Ryan has played. I think skip liked to stir things up but he's not off w/ that particular comment. that doesn't mean Josh is better just he was better than season than Ryan has been in any of his but that's a long time ago for Josh and I'm not sure he has it upstairs to play like that again.

nope1.gif

Well, he just signed on as a third string camp body so I think the proof is in the pudding with any "vs" talk of our QB's

the first full year for Freeman was better than anything we have seen from Tannehill. I think that is pretty safe to say, he put up better #s and his team won more games than any season Ryan has played. I think skip liked to stir things up but he's not off w/ that particular comment. that doesn't mean Josh is better just he was better than season than Ryan has been in any of his but that's a long time ago for Josh and I'm not sure he has it upstairs to play like that again.

overblown..

.............. GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG. TD. LNG... INT.. FUM.. .QBR.. RAT
FREE '10... 16 291 474 61.4 .. 3,451 7.28 25 64....... 6.... 5...... 66.1.... 95.9
TANN '14... 16 392 590 66.4 .. 4,045 6.86 27 50.... 12..... 4..... 59.1.... 92.8

Factor in the fact that Tannehill is improving every year and Freeman is spiraling like a plane that was shot out of the sky, and Skips "assessment" that Freeman could come in and bring better things to the Dolphins than Tannehill is BEYOND ridiculous.

don't miss the AND his team won more games which is the more important part.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

overblown..

GP CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
FREE '10 16 291 474 61.4 3,451 7.28 25 64 6 5 66.1 95.9
TANN '14 16 392 590 66.4 4,045 6.86 27 50 12 4 59.1 92.8

Factor in the fact that Tannehill is improving every year and Freeman is spiraling like a plane that was shot out of the sky, and Skips "assessment" that Freeman could come in and bring better things to the Dolphins than Tannehill is BEYOND ridiculous.

that's not the point, the point was Freeman was better in 2010 than Ryan has been in any single season. a great argument can be made for that. the other statements he made I didn't discuss but this one has merit.

Bayless is an absolutely AWFUL and I mean ATROCIOUS evaluator of the QB position. The guy is blind. First it was Freeman then Tebow then RG3 then Weeden then Manziel. I mean has this guy EVER flung **** at the wall and actually had it stick? He is Omar Kelly on T.V.

The guy is a tool bag and should have zero credibility in sports circles.

[video=youtube;zMK9FKMG3Nc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc[/video]

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

that's not the point, the point was Freeman was better in 2010 than Ryan has been in any single season. a great argument can be made for that. the other statements he made I didn't discuss but this one has merit.

So lets hear it.

Take your own advice there compadre. Apparently the team concept went flying right over your noggin.

And BS on Freeman's '10 season being better than Tannehill's '14 but I'm already done playing your tired game. See you in the depths if you wan't to chat buddy, pal, friend.

So lets hear it.

I didn't watch Josh as much as I did Ryan but most importantly he won more games- actually had a winning record.

let's prorate Josh's #s to Ryan's attempts:

Ryan: 392-590, 4045 yds, 27 TDs, 12 INTs
prorating Josh: 362-590, 4295 yds, 31 TDs, 7 INTs

Ryan had more talent around but again the biggest key was 10 wins.

Take your own advice there compadre. Apparently the team concept went flying right over your noggin.

And BS on Freeman's '10 season being better than Tannehill's '14 but I'm already done playing your tired game. See you in the depths if you wan't to chat buddy, pal, friend.

you had a capable team just like you did in 2013, If Ryan was half as good as you pretend him to be you would have easily made at least one postseason. it's not all on Ryan obviously but you talk about him like he is a top 10 QB and a top 10 QB w/ Miami's talent easily makes the playoffs at least once if not both years.

Josh was nothing special himself, beat a lot of bad teams that year but w/ less talent put up better #s and won more games.

I didn't watch Josh as much as I did Ryan but most importantly he won more games- actually had a winning record.

let's prorate Josh's #s to Ryan's attempts:

Ryan: 392-590, 4045 yds, 27 TDs, 12 INTs
prorating Josh: 362-590, 4295 yds, 31 TDs, 7 INTs

Ryan had more talent around but again the biggest key was 10 wins.

You are pro-rating #completion yards to attempts ? thats your great argument? :lol:
even after doing something so ridiculous, the numbers aren't night and day. Your big argument is 10 wins. Which is the Dolphins defense didn't fall apart, they would have had easily.

I didn't know Ryan Tannehill played D Line, too

Freeman's TD to INT ratio was better than Tannehill in 2010. He's YPA was higher (7.3 yards to Tannehill's 6.9). And he led the team to a winning record. And Tampa's defense wasn't exactly spectacular, they were middle of the pack much like the Dolphins.

Tannehill threw for more yards(nearly 600 more), but had 116 more attempts.

So yeah, an argument could be made. But Josh freeman completly washed out, while Tannehill on the surface appears to be acesending. So that's that.

Back
Top Bottom