ESPN First Take discusses Josh Freeman signing | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN First Take discusses Josh Freeman signing

Freeman's TD to INT ratio was better than Tannehill in 2010. He's YPA was higher (7.3 yards to Tannehill's 6.9). And he led the team to a winning record. And Tampa's defense wasn't exactly spectacular, they were middle of the pack much like the Dolphins.

Tannehill threw for more yards(nearly 600 more), but had 116 more attempts.

So yeah, an argument could be made. But Josh freeman completly washed out, while Tannehill on the surface appears to be acesending. So that's that.

Well, Freeman did have Schiano and Frazier as coaches, both no longer HC's. I remember reading some cringey stuff about both. Not to say Philbin is leagues beyond both as an NFL HC, but he hasn't quite bottomed out as bad as they did, even though he's gotten Really, really close, what with Bullygate, etc.

The bad coaching may have had an effect on him.

Both Skip and Steven A make really good points. Josh Freeman was a stud prior to being thrown under the bus by Schiano. Part of the reason he was thrown under the bus was because of the incident with prescription drugs. He's always taken Adderall to treat his ADHD, but he accidentally took Ritalin and it triggered a positive test from the NFL. The kid is good, but off his meds he just lost his focus and the NFL has allowed him to continue taking meds to treat his ADHD. He was very young back then too, the guy loved hanging out and partying. I saw him out countless nights in Orlando getting slammed in and off season. Hopefully at this point hes took his hits on the chin and knows exactly where he wants to be, back on an NFL roster and competing for time. At a point in his career his numbers were been better than Tannehill's. I think thats something we can't argue.

Freeman's TD to INT ratio was better than Tannehill in 2010. He's YPA was higher (7.3 yards to Tannehill's 6.9). And he led the team to a winning record. And Tampa's defense wasn't exactly spectacular, they were middle of the pack much like the Dolphins.

Tannehill threw for more yards(nearly 600 more), but had 116 more attempts.

So yeah, an argument could be made. But Josh freeman completly washed out, while Tannehill on the surface appears to be acesending. So that's that.
That's the end of the debate. Maybe freeman had a better year but Tannehill is still getting better. Freeman is long gone from that year. Not worth bringing up. Only a troll trying to start an argument would bring it up. Skip is a professional troll

Throwing 25 TDs to only 6 INTs is a damn great season in my book... Good for him... But to act like anyone with a functionnal brain would pick Freeman over Tannehill at this point is a ****ing bad joke...

I remember when the jets fan boards were bemoaning the fact that they didn't stay in the mid teens and end up with the superior Freeman instead of trading up and reaching for Sanchez. The way Josh played in '10, essentially a 1 year wonder for a much lesser team, it's hard to believe that those jets fans wouldn't still have been thrilled.

As far as Skip is concerned, let's not forget that he's been riding Tebow's jock and still is, championed Manzel until even he would have looked stupid continuing to do so, never really had much respect for Sanchez and thinks that Rodgers is overrated. So he's certainly not been wrong in some cases (reference the broken clock theorem) but no doubt he's an assclown and that he's all over the place

That's the end of the debate. Maybe freeman had a better year but Tannehill is still getting better. Freeman is long gone from that year. Not worth bringing up. Only a troll trying to start an argument would bring it up. Skip is a professional troll
And trolls attract other trolls... There`s already one in this thread trying to stir **** up...

Never listen to Bayless or Steven A.....ones a moron and the other is a racist who views everything In black and white.

Never listen to Bayless or Steven A.....ones a moron and the other is a racist who views everything In black and white.

The show has deteriorated over the years in terms of "debaters," format, and hosts. (the only show I know that still spends more time talking about basketball in football season, LOL).

I'm sure it has been programmed intentionally with some specific viewer demographics targets in mind, but personally, when I have the TV on in the background while working and not tuned to CNBC, at 10AM, i promptly swing over from the metrosexual and buffoon Mikes to the more erudite Dan Patrick. And thank heavens for that option.

What this does is allow them to them to trade Moore for good value in August if another team badly needs a QB due to injury or poor play. If Freeman looks good at some point, we now have a lower priced backup.

Since were throwing out who had the better team - lets just throw out that Ryan was sacked 46 times this past season and Freeman was sacked only 28 times in 2010, we don't even want to get into the amount of pressures. This argument is ridiculous. Tannehill is far superior to Freeman.

Skip is beyond worthless

Some people hate Sherman's rant on him that one time, but I thought it was awesome. Refused to be trolled by Skip. Said mostly logical things and skips main move didn't seem to work (yell and talk over you)

Was okay with what was being said until the 4:55 mark! That's just laughable :lol:

Skip Bayless comes to an instant conclusion about players in college and either passionately loves them eg Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, RG3, Johnny Manziel, etc (also applies to basketball where he has embraced all the San Antonio Spurs) or dismisses them as trash eg Ryan Tannehill. Players fall into one bucket or the other and he is incapable of ever conceding that he was wrong. Skip is now well into his 60's and has found the image that he must stick to as an ESPN icon. His image is simply being consistently intractible and wrong most of the time. Viewers like to be shocked by the idiocy of his passion (either for or against certain players). This is about ratings and they pay Stephen A Smith and old Skip many millions each year for their scripted debates. Ignore the idiot.

Skip Bayless comes to an instant conclusion about players in college and either passionately loves them eg Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, RG3, Johnny Manziel, etc (also applies to basketball where he has embraced all the San Antonio Spurs) or dismisses them as trash eg Ryan Tannehill. Players fall into one bucket or the other and he is incapable of ever conceding that he was wrong. Skip is now well into his 60's and has found the image that he must stick to as an ESPN icon. His image is simply being consistently intractible and wrong most of the time. Viewers like to be shocked by the idiocy of his passion (either for or against certain players). This is about ratings and they pay Stephen A Smith and old Skip many millions each year for their scripted debates. Ignore the idiot.

Concur. My mom always used to say Consider the source.

The other nugget of wisdom to be applied to this (can't recall who gets credit) is "The louder a person says something; the less they have to say."

Skip bayless just made me sick...

Josh Freeman had a better season in his 1st year starting for Bucs than any season Ryan Tannehill has ever had.

IS THIS GUY FOR REAL??

https://twitter.com/realskipbayless/status/584041346962448384

Back
Top Bottom