espn got it right! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

espn got it right!

dolphinsrok

Starter
Reaction score
check out espn, they blew up norv! "predictability" it states how we run on 1st down almost all the time, how we need to mix things up, and i'm glad they're not putting the blame on jay. j had a pretty good game, we're not blocking and norv needs to step it up a notch when it comes to mixing things up in the offense. whether it's different formations or more playaction, we need to break the trend, we're not using our stud back as well as we can, i like derius and chris is very good, but norv has to switch up the calls more

DOLPHINS ROCK ROCK ROCK !!!!

Norv isnt doing well this year for us. Maybe we can convince washington to take him back.

I didn't hear complaints from ESPN when the Dolphins won 4straight........ Also, ESPN always screws up on their opinions(Flashback, Bills are the team to beat). Anyhow, how can they know what they are talking about when they got Miami's division record this year WRONG, they said 1-1 durning the Wanny press conf. but it is now 2-1

Our offense is so predictable, it's disgusting.

"..More predictable than a Henny Youngman punch-line, the Dolphins offense exhibits little diversity, and the New England defensive game plan clearly revolved around the fact that Miami is so set in its ways. On most early downs, the Patriots deployed a five-man front, covering all three Miami interior blockers, and daring Williams to run outside.

The Patriots defensive brain trust, coach Bill Belichick and coordinator Romeo Crennel, were especially aware of one glaring statistic: On a percentage basis, the Dolphins run the ball more on first down than any other team in the NFL, about a 65 percent ratio. Usually, if Miami is running the ball, it's Williams who has it in tow.

That was, predictably, the case on Sunday afternoon.

..Noted one Patriots coach: "Everybody knows what they're going to do (offensively). We cut off the inside and figured, if Ricky was going to go outside, we'd chase him down. I mean, their offensive line isn't that good, and you have to make (quarterback Jay Fiedler) beat you. But the biggest thing is just keep beating on (Williams)"..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1641885

Er......

Ricky Williams is the man.

Would you feel better with Jay throwing?

Damnit, if the Pats had Ricky, I would expect this.

But you are right, 65 is too much.

55-60 is the number it should be.

These comments from ESPN are exactly on target. I knew they were going to run when we got inside the 20 and I knew they were going to get stuffed! It was like watching history. Incredibly frustrating.

Coaching blew this game, imo.

We can't have versatility until we have players with enough skills to make the plays. If our passing game inot a weapon how can you threaten anyone with it?

Until WRs get open or/and "He who is not allowed to be named here" can throw accurately more than ten yards at a time, we hav e nothing to work with. As Gary Stevens once saod:

"You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s-hit"

You didnt read that hole report.

"But the truth is, Fiedler is a player of modest skills, and his own physical shortcomings probably play a significant part in limiting the Miami offensive design. There were times, particularly on two throws to tight end Randy McMichael, when Fiedler demonstrated a bit of arm strength and excellent touch. Yet for every on-target toss, Fiedler typically has a spate of passes that are wide of the mark"

That was in the report also, by ESPN. Jay is in for some rough road.

Back
Top Bottom