ESPN Insider: Fins' future plans at RB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Insider: Fins' future plans at RB

I'm really looking forward to seeing us spending a high(ish) pick on a runner. The type of guy they'll go after when the chips are down and it's actually time to make an investment is going to be pretty damn exciting. I can see them finding a middle round gem.

A tad off subject but am I alone in thinking Brandon Saine could bust out this year?

CK Ricky won't go anywhere he goes to school down, teaches, has his family here, his foundation and his restaurant. If Ricky plays it will be for the Fins. As for Ronnie, I think this organization really likes him, franchising him is not to far fetched. I mean who do the Dolphins have to worry about leaving next year.

I think Ricky is staying here, but in saying that if a team like the San Diego Chargers came calling offering a good deal to backup Ryan Mathews you don't think he would consider it?

Also, as far as Ronnie goes... Yes, the organization "likes him" but do they "love him?" In my mind, not nearly enough to give the guy top 5 money that would come with a franchise tag. You know how much these guys dislike injury prone players.

I'm really looking forward to seeing us spending a high(ish) pick on a runner. The type of guy they'll go after when the chips are down and it's actually time to make an investment is going to be pretty damn exciting. I can see them finding a middle round gem.

A tad off subject but am I alone in thinking Brandon Saine could bust out this year?

CK would probably agree with you. I know he's often spoken highly of Brandon Saine.

I think Ricky is staying here, but in saying that if a team like the San Diego Chargers came calling offering a good deal to backup Ryan Mathews you don't think he would consider it?

Also, as far as Ronnie goes... Yes, the organization "likes him" but do they "love him?" In my mind, not nearly enough to give the guy top 5 money that would come with a franchise tag. You know how much these guys dislike injury prone players.

That is true about them not liking injury prone players.

Guys I seriously think if Ronnie has a good year the Fins will franchise him. Ricky all but confirmed to CK he is resigning. The guy I see gone is Cobbs who contract runs out next year.

If Cobbs is booted Sparano will have a conniption.

Also, no this regime doesn't like Ronnie Brown. I don't care what any of you Brown fans say. I too am a Brown fan but the writing is on the wall for Ronnie, has been for a long time. They practically invented the WC because Ronnie lacks the vision to run between the tackles (makes you wanna move those dancing feet?). I firmly believe that, and if that's even 50% right, that means they don't love him. Then there's the whole injury issue.

BEST case for Ronnie in Miami next season is the franchise tag, and that's ONLY if the Phins are unable to find a suitable back in the draft or free agency AND Ronnie has a good to great injury-free 2010 campaign.

Also, no this regime doesn't like Ronnie Brown. I don't care what any of you Brown fans say. I too am a Brown fan but the writing is on the wall for Ronnie, has been for a long time. They practically invented the WC because Ronnie lacks the vision to run between the tackles (makes you wanna move those dancing feet?). I firmly believe that, and if that's even 50% right, that means they don't love him. Then there's the whole injury issue.

BEST case for Ronnie in Miami next season is the franchise tag, and that's ONLY if the Phins are unable to find a suitable back in the draft or free agency AND Ronnie has a good to great injury-free 2010 campaign.

Unfortunatly i have to agree with you (even if it hurts to admit it). Unless we find the Sparano/Ireland runningback, Ronnie will be back for one more year.

I seriously doubt Brown puts up numbers that will warrent a franchise tag but we are covered on all bases here. Personally i would rather have traded him this year and got a pick but he sort of blocked that. Now we just got to hope he signs a decent contract elsewhere and has a damn good year elsewehere

In my opinion if the fins decides to get a runningback in free agency I really believe that person might be Micheal Bush from the Oakland Raiders. He has everything they want in a big back. CK what do you think

If both Ronnie and Ricky leave as of right now i think that Sheets can be a really good running back and i would be happy to see him take over when those two guys leave but i would really hate to see ronnie go since he is my favorite player

Ryan Williams from VA.Tech, hopefully he'll be available at our spot in the draft.

Mel Kiper's a smart dude, no matter what anyone says.

The Dolphins have not been as stringent about size requirements at the RB position as people think. I have talked about it a while now but they care a lot about durability and that's not necessarily linked with size. Noel Devine has shown a level of durability and he chose to come back to school this year to try and win something and to graduate. All are things that Parcells appreciates and which I'm sure he passed down to his protege Jeff Ireland. They've been looking for that small, very fast gasher for a few years now. Noel Devine isn't sneaking into any first round or anything but he could be an option for Miami as a return guy, a part time running back, a guy that catches passes and runs with the ball, and a general matchup problem on linebackers.

is it smart to run your mouth when you don't know all the facts?

I remember a certain a-hole jet fan laughing when we passed on Kindle, it seems like those who needed to know about Kindle knew. meanwhile the Hair had Kindle as BPA for pick after pick and you just laugh your *** off.

seems to me the smart thing to do would be to realize when you don't know everything

Back
Top Bottom