ESPN Insider: Fins' future plans at RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Insider: Fins' future plans at RB

It's probably Ronnie coming off a injury plus he's in a contract year. Ricky looking good despite his age great career rivival blah blah. Regardless Keep up the great work phinatic

It's probably Ronnie coming off a injury plus he's in a contract year. Ricky looking good despite his age great career rivival blah blah. Keep up the great work phinatic

I really would like to read it, ESPN Insider has some quality stuff sometimes. They were the first to say Ginn was a 49er days before it happened.

Your better than them all. Anything I know comes from you and this site.

Probably like the previous guy was saying though. Im pretty sure there is nothing shocking there. For Brown to be here next year he is going to have to be a back he has never been or accept a fairly marginal contract. How much does Ricky got left. Noone on roster who looks like a future starter at RB. Likelyhood we may draft a rb pretty high next year.

Both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown will be free agents following the 2010 season, as the former is on the final year of his deal and the latter was a restricted free agent this offseason. So who will the Miami Dolphins keep next spring?
On June 21, ESPN's John Clayton discussed the situation, suggesting that Williams is more likely to remain in Miami. The thinking is this: regardless of how well Williams does in 2010, his contract demands as a 30-something back won't be too high. On the other hand, if Brown bounces back from his Lisfranc injury with another stellar season, the Fins might not be able to afford him; if he doesn't show that he's the same back that he was before the injury, they might not want him back.
In either case, there could be a job opening in the Dolphins' backfield, and ESPN Insider Mel Kiper, Jr. has a suggestion for next April's draft:

kiperjr_mel_30-1.jpg
Mel Kiper, Jr.

Noel Devine would add a new element
"I don't see Devine as a first round guy, but he'd be one guy I'd love to add to the current Miami roster to augment the Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams show. A speedster could be fun both in the Wildcat and simply adds dimension they don't have."​

basically what we all thought lol. Although what are these stellar seasons he is talking about from Brown lol. I mean really.

With this OLine....anything is possible. Looking forward to watching nastiness around here from that unit, like never seen before!

Mel Kiper's a smart dude, no matter what anyone says.

The Dolphins have not been as stringent about size requirements at the RB position as people think. I have talked about it a while now but they care a lot about durability and that's not necessarily linked with size. Noel Devine has shown a level of durability and he chose to come back to school this year to try and win something and to graduate. All are things that Parcells appreciates and which I'm sure he passed down to his protege Jeff Ireland. They've been looking for that small, very fast gasher for a few years now. Noel Devine isn't sneaking into any first round or anything but he could be an option for Miami as a return guy, a part time running back, a guy that catches passes and runs with the ball, and a general matchup problem on linebackers.

I agree with you there... Mel Kiper gets a ton more flack than he deserves... He's the reason the draft is as big of an event as it is nowdays, and talking heads, draftniks, and amateur scouts spend so much time breaking down film of college players...

He's right just as much as any of the rest of them are...... except he gets paid more to do it...

Guys I seriously think if Ronnie has a good year the Fins will franchise him. Ricky all but confirmed to CK he is resigning. The guy I see gone is Cobbs who contract runs out next year.

Ricky confirmed he'll keep playing, not that he'll re-sign with Miami.

Also, no I do not believe Ronnie is here in 2011 and beyond. I'd stake money on it. Well, if I were a betting man I would.

Ricky confirmed he'll keep playing, not that he'll re-sign with Miami.

Also, no I do not believe Ronnie is here in 2011 and beyond. I'd stake money on it. Well, if I were a betting man I would.

CK Ricky won't go anywhere he goes to school down, teaches, has his family here, his foundation and his restaurant. If Ricky plays it will be for the Fins. As for Ronnie, I think this organization really likes him, franchising him is not to far fetched. I mean who do the Dolphins have to worry about leaving next year.

Not sure if the franchise tag will be around with the next cba..I would not be against doing it if its still around tho...

I do agree tho finatic I think Ricky comes back with the phins if we want him back..

I dont really see any team outbidding us...

Even tho he is older I think he has alot of time left....Barring injury next year

Back
Top Bottom