ESPN Insider | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Insider

dolfin5499

Rookie
Reaction score
On the front page of Espn Web page they said that the Dolphins are talking about trading for a big time back. What that be Edge or Alexander or one of the 3 rookies in the draft. If anybody get the insider please share with us. Thanks

#5 M. Williams(tampa trade)

ditto, i had an accnt which i shared with a few buddies, but one of them gave out the p/w and espn closed the accnt... so many people were logging into the insider with our accnt

dolfin5499 said:
On the front page of Espn Web page they said that the Dolphins are talking about trading for a big time back. What that be Edge or Alexander or one of the 3 rookies in the draft. If anybody get the insider please share with us. Thanks

#5 M. Williams(tampa trade)

Well, we wouldn't have to TRADE for one of the rookies in the draft. If we are looking to trade for either Edge or Alexander, it will have to be for a pick NEXT year or a player.

Sum1 alluded to the fact the saban might trade a 2006 1st rder for edge or alexander... NO, next year we draft D'Brickshaw Ferguson in the 1st rd if Houck cannot make an LT out of our scrap-heap OL talent on this roster!

"Saban is exploring the possibility of trading a first-round pick in 2006 to Indianapolis for Edgerrin James or to Seattle for Shaun Alexander. If he can put together a favorable deal with one of those two teams, drafting Smith with the second pick would make a lot more sense. The other reason for bringing Smith in on Wednesday is to create a smoke screen. By meeting with Smith and spreading rumors that the Dolphins could take him at No. 2, Saban could be increasing his odds of striking a deal to trade down. "

thats what the article says

I would definitely be against that trade. Giving up a next year's first rounder when the team is in a rebuilding process is ridiculous. The only way I could see us acquiring James or Alexander is through a trade involving Surtain. Have Surtain and James/Alexander would not help our cap situation.

If Saban were to do this, it would show without a doubt that he intends on competiing THIS year.

dolfreak said:
"Saban is exploring the possibility of trading a first-round pick in 2006 to Indianapolis for Edgerrin James or to Seattle for Shaun Alexander. If he can put together a favorable deal with one of those two teams, drafting Smith with the second pick would make a lot more sense. The other reason for bringing Smith in on Wednesday is to create a smoke screen. By meeting with Smith and spreading rumors that the Dolphins could take him at No. 2, Saban could be increasing his odds of striking a deal to trade down. "

Now if there was a smokescreen, this is it.

dolfreak said:

Thanks..very interesting.

I have insider...

Theres so pretty interesting things said in the article...at the outset they say that if Rodgers goes to the niners we are very likely to pick Smith...but this is the part that shocked me...Coach Saban is exploring options for TRADING A 1ST ROUND 2006 PICK for EDGERRIN JAMES OR SHAUN ALEXANDER...IMO i still want Ronnie Brown or if we do indeed trade down with TB, Cadillac...but if this trade has any truth to it...then us drafting Alex Smith is alot more likely...

FakeSpike13 said:
Sum1 alluded to the fact the saban might trade a 2006 1st rder for edge or alexander... NO, next year we draft D'Brickshaw Ferguson in the 1st rd if Houck cannot make an LT out of our scrap-heap OL talent on this roster!

That would go against Saban's basic philosophy of accumulating picks and drafting players who represent the best long term value.He has stated many times that you build through the draft and not trading for FAs whose best days are behind them.It sounds more like a deal Wanny and Rick would cook up except they probably would have thrown in the 2007 first round pick as well.:rolleyes: .

the fact is if we are going to draft alex smith we're 3-4 years away from being contenders and james or alexander would not fit into that equation then... smith is more of a project than rodgers, he needs work on his footwork and mechanics and coming out from center... getting an older RB to then be on his wa ydown while our QB is finally on the way up would be dumb dumb dumb... i dont buy it for a second...

Back
Top Bottom