ESPN Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Mock

I hope the Jets dont get young....we will have a hard time for years to come if they do

As for Huff I really like him he seems like an amazing player

I still dont think Detroit will draft a QB yet. That would be like Matt Millen admitting hes incompetent after drafting Harrington in 2002, and then all the WRs he took the following drafts.

Upon his firing of Marucci, he said the players (his players) have not developed the way that they have should.

So my guess is that as long as Millen is there, so is Joey Harrington. My guess is that they will finally go defense.

For some reason when I see LenDale White I think of TJ Duckett. I'm also not sure Atlanta would go with Greenway because I was under the impression that they're alright at linebacker with Brooking, Williams, and Boley...but then again I guess Boley shouldn't really be starting and they have one of the worst rushing defenses in the league. But, is that the LB corp? Or is it the DL? Heck I could see them and us completely switching, they take Michael Huff and we take Chad Greenway...I mean their safeties are Ronnie Heard and Keion Carpenter...solid safeties could help patch up a leaky run defense, and I've always felt you use the draft to patch up long term problems (safety, 2nd CB) and free agency to patch up short term problems (run defense).

Either way I think that may be one of the best mocks I've seen. It seems like they actually thought it through some. Yes, the Bills really do need a DT. They were going to field Ron Edwards at DT this year instead of Pat Williams, but then even Edwards got hurt. I believe their run D was very leaky this year and it wasn't just because Takeo was out. They need OL too, I'm just saying if Ngata is there don't be surprised if they take him.

I hope Ryans doesn't go that high. I really want Ryans or Greenway to fall to us, but I see Ryans as being a guy who creates more "impact plays" than Greenway (forced fumbles, sacks, interceptions, etc.) and I may prefer Ryans over Chad.

Jnaledu3 said:
I still dont think Detroit will draft a QB yet. That would be like Matt Millen admitting hes incompetent after drafting Harrington in 2002, and then all the WRs he took the following drafts.

Upon his firing of Marucci, he said the players (his players) have not developed the way that they have should.

So my guess is that as long as Millen is there, so is Joey Harrington. My guess is that they will finally go defense.

The writing is on the wall for Joey up there. It's not so much Millen admitting he made a bad pick with Harrington as much as everyone already knows it, and now what do you do. Millen is trying to save his job a bit. When you get a first round QB, you buy yourself a little bit of time because people want to see if you were right about him. Taking Cutler could be a way for Millen to basically extend his contract two more years.

Back
Top Bottom