ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM?

I think some are overstating this aspect, and some are understating it.

He isn't going to stone a free rushing DE. Guess what, eight out of ten backs aren't going to do that either.

On the other hand, he should be plenty quick enough to redirect a stunting LB, or chip on his way out into a route.

You know what will slow up a pass rush?

Tua and Achane making the "hot" read, and torching a defense.
I'm just hoping that Tua will learn to take that check down cause last year he did not do a good job of it

Luv ya bro, but you're too far out over the skis.

I have confidence that it won't be a big issue, but you (figuratively) never know if he is "exceptional" until he actually shows it at the NFL level.

I'm all for positivity. I saw the comments, but saying that before seeing it, and stating it as fact is straight disinformation.

I don't say these things about just anybody. This particular player, I'll say these things about.

One reason we didn't have many RB receiving yards last year is because Tua really ignored some wide open guys and always wanted big WR yardage. I really hope he learns to dump it off. You have to be able to take what they give you. I have no memory of who it was or the situation last year, but I was screaming at my TV. The RB would have had thirty yards.

I think Tua will improve this year and we'll get more RB action.
I do expect that to be a focus this year.

One reason we didn't have many RB receiving yards last year is because Tua really ignored some wide open guys and always wanted big WR yardage. I really hope he learns to dump it off. You have to be able to take what they give you. I have no memory of who it was or the situation last year, but I was screaming at my TV. The RB would have had thirty yards.

I don’t think it was Tua. TBH neither Mostert or Wilson were known as out of the backfield receiving RBs. Gaskins was probably the best one on the roster last year and he barely played. Achane is much better and I also think Berrios will get some catches out of the backfield this year just as the Jets used him against us.

Ill take the over on that, easily. calling it now, he will have at least one game this year with at least that many yards in total yards from scrimmage this year. And I will still believe this even if we do end up acquiring Dalvin Cook. Mostert is injury prone and getting old. And I think Achane fits more what Mike wants on offense than Jeff Wilson.
The thing about Achane is that he can turn a 5 yard out into an 80 yd TD. He’s electric in space. I agree that his ceiling is much higher and will catch a ton of ball out of the backfield.

its a good point..He likes to be aggressive.

IMO it's just too early to tell what the usage will be. Do we add Cook? Does Achane supplant Mostert or Wilson? I suspect we'll be a committee regardless of who's in the backfield and I think Achane has the talent to become a #1 or #2 in a committee, but until we get to camp and see something in preseason to make a guess at usage, this is all premature.
:DTTO:

Mostert and Wilson both averaged nearly 5.0 yards per carry last year. Mostert also had a career best in receiving yards.

If those two are healthy, they should get the majority of the playing time.

That's why, at least initially, I expect Achane to have his biggest impact as a kick returner.

All bets are off with injuries and there is a chance that Achane is too good to keep off the field.

Those answers will come soon enough.

Mostert and Wilson both averaged nearly 5.0 yards per carry last year. Mostert also had a career best in receiving yards.

If those two are healthy, they should get the majority of the playing time.

That's why, at least initially, I expect Achane to have his biggest impact as a kick returner.

All bets are off with injuries and there is a chance that Achane is too good to keep off the field.

Those answers will come soon enough.
Yeah.... if he gets many chances to return it... this new rule is bogus

He won't be on the field that much this year.
Respectfully disagree. Due to the usual injuries …documented… to Mostert, I believe Achane will be the starter by game 8… if not sooner. You don’t sit guys that can take it the distance at any moment.

The question should be...Can he block? If he can't block at the NFL level, then he won't be on the field as much. If he can block, he may attain those numbers.
Fair comment. Thing is, if Tua can get the ball out similarly to his successful games, the addition of Kroft will help assure that time. Tua’s sacks occurred well after 6 seconds had transpired.

Realistically, I wouldn’t expect him to see more than 10 snaps a game MAX… I can’t imagine him getting more than 3-5 touches a game unless injuries happen. We’ll see though, who knows. Sure as hell not anyone here.

Back
Top Bottom