ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM?

Those ESPN numbers are totally reasonable though it would be a pleasant surprise if they’re on the low end.

Respectfully disagree. Due to the usual injuries …documented… to Mostert, I believe Achane will be the starter by game 8… if not sooner. You don’t sit guys that can take it the distance at any moment.
A lot of people think he might be the starter, due to injury at some point in the season. It is certainly a valid thought, and that is the situation for Miami at a number of spots. It’s pretty unlikely we will have as many injuries as last year, but we are more prepared for it, and the position being discussed is one of them. It’s at least intriguing.

ESPNs projected receiving stats for Achane this year in total. Seems to me he is more likely to do this is one game than one year. Achane is not to be found in their top 5 rookie rushers. They have the 5th place rookie at 300 yards on the ground and 2 TDs:

Running back receiving yards and touchdowns​

1. Jahmyr Gibbs, Detroit Lions: 379 yards, 2 TDs
2. Bijan Robinson, Atlanta Falcons: 376 yards, 2 TDs
3. Zach Charbonnet, Seattle Seahawks: 187 yards, 1 TD
4. Devon Achane, Miami Dolphins: 142 yards, 1 TD
5. Chase Brown, Cincinnati Bengals: 139 yards, 1 TD

That’s okay. Everyone one on that list is going to have to prove it one way or another including our new rookie Achane.

For what its worth, if he can catch then i think he will have opportunities. Maybe I'm getting numbers wrong or whatever, but it seemed like the RBBC;s dropped a boatload of passes last year. Edmonds, Mosert and Wilson.

Ughh Ingy was the worst. I thought we had more drops, but i guess it isnt a drop if the RB just loses the ball and doesnt attempt to make a play on it.

Ingold 5 drops
Wilson 2
Edmonds 4
Mosert 2

I think some are overstating this aspect, and some are understating it.

He isn't going to stone a free rushing DE. Guess what, eight out of ten backs aren't going to do that either.

On the other hand, he should be plenty quick enough to redirect a stunting LB, or chip on his way out into a route.

You know what will slow up a pass rush?

Tua and Achane making the "hot" read, and torching a defense.
And Berrios.

A lot of people think he might be the starter, due to injury at some point in the season. It is certainly a valid thought, and that is the situation for Miami at a number of spots. It’s pretty unlikely we will have as many injuries as last year, but we are more prepared for it, and the position being discussed is one of them. It’s at least intriguing.
I’ve watched nearly everything I can get my hands on and I will say this. Achane doesn’t play like a 188 lb RB. At all.

I’ve watched nearly everything I can get my hands on and I will say this. Achane doesn’t play like a 188 lb RB. At all.
I believe with his genetics, physique, low center of gravity and crouching running style he can be a starting running back that gets 20 carries and 5 catches a game.

He only had 196 receiving yards and 3 receiving TDs last year, so those numbers seem fair.
I don't think he was used like that in college though. He will be used to catch the ball in this offense as a check down with blazing speed.

I don't think he was used like that in college though. He will be used to catch the ball in this offense as a check down with blazing speed.

That could be true, but it's tough to project a player for a lot more production in his rookie year. I feel like it's going to be a heavy rotation of backs and Mostert will take away from some of those receptions.

ESPNs projected receiving stats for Achane this year in total. Seems to me he is more likely to do this is one game than one year. Achane is not to be found in their top 5 rookie rushers. They have the 5th place rookie at 300 yards on the ground and 2 TDs:

Running back receiving yards and touchdowns​

1. Jahmyr Gibbs, Detroit Lions: 379 yards, 2 TDs
2. Bijan Robinson, Atlanta Falcons: 376 yards, 2 TDs
3. Zach Charbonnet, Seattle Seahawks: 187 yards, 1 TD
4. Devon Achane, Miami Dolphins: 142 yards, 1 TD
5. Chase Brown, Cincinnati Bengals: 139 yards, 1 TD

It’s you.

He should get more pass reps then the other for the simple fact he has much better more reliable hands, so he should at least be our third down back.

In some circumstances. Stots tend not to be "hot", due to being covered at the LOS. Not saying never, but a lot of teams run WR slant behind the slot clear out instead.
I think he was one of the leaders in YAC with the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom