ESPN predicts Bills do not defend AFC East title in 2021 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN predicts Bills do not defend AFC East title in 2021

This can’t be true. I have only read on finheaven that ESPN hates Miami.

I wonder if posters even know that ESPN is not a person, but composed of many people with differing opinions?

i

3. Miami Dolphins

Well, here's a turn. The Dolphins are here because I'm projecting them to win the AFC East, something they weren't able to do as the Bills ascended to their first division title in the four-team era. Brian Flores' team probably won't have Ryan Fitzpatrick back, but it seems fair to suggest that Tua Tagovailoa will be better with a true offseason in his first full year as Miami's starting quarterback. I'm also baking in a 5% chance that the Dolphins trade for Deshaun Watson.

Even if they don't trade for the Texans star, the Dolphins will have the No. 3 overall pick and four of the top 50 selections in the 2021 NFL draft to add to an already-talented roster. They also will have more than $25 million to work with in an offseason that represents the ninth-largest amount of cap space in the league, per Spotrac. Bills fans won't have to wait long to see where I think they'll end up, but they could be neck-and-neck for the division next season.

I have no idea how they are making this prediction before the draft and free agency. I would hope that the players the Dolphins add in the draft and in free agency, along with the further development of Tua and the rest of the young players will greatly improve the team.

Yet the last I checked the Bills were easily beating the Dolphins less than 2 months ago. Right now the Bills are still the team to beat in the AFC East but the right additions to the team in the off season could certainly help close that gap between the Dolphins and Bills next season.

It's all just talk until we actually see what teams do in free agency and the draft.

I do think Miami should make up ground on paper.

Potentially the Dolphins could get three or four new starters in the draft and one or two in free agency. That could make a huge difference.

On a tangent, the Braves are predicted to win 83 and finish 4th in the NL East.

My point... Polls and projections whether computer or human generated are malarkey.

Bspn is tolerable for baseball and little else

p.s. isn't galactic universe a bit redundant? /s

Big difference between "galactic" and "universe,' but, yeah, drop "galactic."
There was a time ESPN had some pretty good stats. Now, not so much. As others have said, predictions before FA/draft? Filler

Saw somewhere that Buffalo has a chance to cut John Brown and another player to create cap room which was like 10 Million.

They then have to apply some of that to Milano that is a bigger part of that defense then some realize.

If Grier and Coach go after some true star power players I can see us easily leapfrogging Buffalo but also can't count NE out yet.

Back
Top Bottom