ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson

Seattle offers you Russell Wilson for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

• We have a deal!

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Nah bro, I'm good.

Votes: 125 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still would hold onto Tua, but the compensation isn't as bad as some of the other crazy proposals. Plus Wilson's money will keep us out of free agency.
Agreed with the compensation. If anything Miami could trade back from 3 and acquire a 2022 1 to makeup for the pick lost in a Wilson trade.

I would like a job like these Website warriors, sit around dreaming up things with no basis to feed to those that cannot digest the BS.
Does anyone think for a minute a front office will consult these people and followers for advice on a 9 year high dollar veteran that got beat up last year?
Give Tua a chance. With a full off season and OTA’S injury free

ESPN's Bill Barnwell has an article outlining potential trade packages for Russell Wilson from four teams, including Miami.

For Miami, we would acquire Wilson in exchange for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

If you're in Chris Grier's shoes, are you taking the deal?
Unless Barnwell buys the Dolphins or is named the GM, he can take this trade and put it where the sun don’t shine. All these sports so called experts have nothing better to do at this time of the year is to put out nonsense like this.

The only Wilson the Dolphins are trading for this off season has alredy happened and Russell Wilson is not going to be a Miami Dolphin. Five years ago this might have been a good trade but not now. In fact I wouldn’t trade for Wilson even up for Tua and I think Wilson is an excellent QB. I just think Tua will be better over the next 10 years than Wilson will be.

Easy question to ask in all of these QB trade scenarios........Are we a super bowl ready team??? We dont have a #1 WR, we dont have a #1 RB, we have a young OL , we need a S and LB. So you trade all these chips that could fill some of those needs and bring in Watson or Rusty. Can either of them win throwing to Parker, Preston and the rest of the WR crew. I say no, I think we would be a middle of the pack team that would be fighting for a wild card. Lets just shut all this nonsense down and follow the plan. I think we can all agree, so far so good with what Flo and the FO has done so far, lets see this thing all the way to end.
Hypothetically with the Wilson scenario, we could get a #1 Wr with our #3 pick and an lb and #1 rb with our 2 2nds. Obviously even better if we can trade down a few spots and pick up another 2nd rounder. Not that I'm for this trade, but I'm just responding to the points that you made.

ESPN's Bill Barnwell has an article outlining potential trade packages for Russell Wilson from four teams, including Miami.

For Miami, we would acquire Wilson in exchange for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

If you're in Chris Grier's shoes, are you taking the deal?
Hell NO

why? hard to face reality?
Here’s actual reality - we should have drafted Wilson when we had the chance. Why take on a giant salary and give up future assets for a QB who is probably not too far from retirement? Makes zero sense at all.

Im honestly shocked the results of this poll.

Do I need to remind everyone of all the QB's we've had to watch play for the Dolphins?

Ray Lucas
Sage Rosenfels
Daunte Culpepper
AJ "touchy" Feely
Joey Harrington
Brock Osweiler
Chad Henne
John Beck
Damon Huard
Brian Griese
Gus Frerotte
Cleo Lemon
Trent Green
Tyler Thigpen
Jay Cutler
Josh Rosen

And you guys push back against the idea of trading for a top 5 QB. Unbelievable, you guys enjoy misery and mediocrity as well.

Who care if we drafted Tua. Wilson is a MVP caliber QB. Tua is a complete unknown. Im tired of hoping and waiting.

We keep 3!?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I wish that would be the package for Watson.

I would have to think Seattle would want that #3 pick.

Honestly, I have a hard time believing that the Seahawks would trade Wilson. But, like with Watson, Miami would have to keep an open mind.

I'm all for building around Tua. But if the Dolphins didn't have to give up pick #3, you'd have to look at that. I think Miami ends up trading down and essentially recouping the cost for Wilson, or close to it.

Im honestly shocked the results of this poll.

Do I need to remind everyone of all the QB's we've had to watch play for the Dolphins?

Ray Lucas
Sage Rosenfels
Daunte Culpepper
AJ "touchy" Feely
Joey Harrington
Brock Osweiler
Chad Henne
John Beck
Damon Huard
Brian Griese
Gus Frerotte
Cleo Lemon
Trent Green
Tyler Thigpen
Jay Cutler
Josh Rosen

And you guys push back against the idea of trading for a top 5 QB. Unbelievable, you guys enjoy misery and mediocrity as well.

Who care if we drafted Tua. Wilson is a MVP caliber QB. Tua is a complete unknown. Im tired of hoping and waiting.
Well you better just keep hoping and waiting because neither Wilson or Watson are going to be the QB of the Dolphins, but Tua will be.

Wilson and Watson are both excellent QB’s but some of us on here believe Tua is also going to be an excellent QB too. So trading away multiple high draft picks for Wilson or Watson just doesn’t make sense to those of us who think Tua is the long term answer at QB for the Dolphins.

I have no issue with you disagreeing and wanting Wilson or Watson. I understand where you are coming from but we will just have to agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom