ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins.........

BlueFin said:
As I said earlier, the word in Tampa is that Gruden has somewhat soured on Simms. Gruden has caught a lot of flak from fans and media here about why Simms is not getting an opportunity, he plainly tells them that they don't see what he sees in practice.......he just hasn't developed.

Oh ok. I hadnt read that post. Well then I guess we'll continue to guess and speculate.

CrunchTime said:
I think a QB is the only position that makes sense at that high a pick.However I have said all along that I think Saban wants to trade down.Where there is a will there is a way.

only a QB? haha what happened to BPA? or is it only BPA thats not a RB, LB, DT, S, TE, C, OG?

BlueFin said:
Rick Odioso, NFL Insider, reports that he's hearing Saban has looked at AJ Feeley and does not see a quarterback thats going to take him to a Superbowl. He stated that Saban is looking at a Quarterback at #2 if he doesn't trade down.

Alex Smith will be in Miami tommorow for yet another personal workout for Nick Saban.

John Gruden called Alex Smith a "Genius" after working him out, word out of Tampa is Gruden would like to get Rodgers or Smith, even though he recently signed Brian Griese to a big long term deal.

LOL this from someone that says "I am sure Saban is telling the media his plans" when a report that we are going running back in teh draft like Clayton or Mort or Anyone. Just because it is Fla ESPN doesnt mean that he has exclusive. Even if he did, the national media would have it. Clayton just said that we would either take Brown or trade down. He said it is a foregone conclusion we werent drafting a qb #2. Is he right? Does he have some other inside source? Face it, post what ever you want, there is nothing out there that proves for fact what Saban is going to do. I think Saban likes it that way. Let every media outlet report what we are gonna do and keep people guessing and see if the interest in a trade down option opens and explore every option. Noone will know what Saban is gonna do til he does it.

Saban obviously also doesnt feel as strong as Gruden or isnt letting on. Here is a quote from Saban from the Post article.

"We can only take the best player that's available," Saban said Thursday at a news conference. "I don't know. You tell me. How sure-fire do you think it is? You know who's out there. You pick 'em. You know who was out there last year. Who was there the year before? Is there a Julius Peppers out there? You see one?"

Another from the same article

Quarterbacks Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers, running backs Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams and wide receiver Braylon Edwards are all highly rated.

But none is considered a sure Pro Bowler.

"Why are you asking me?" Saban said. "Just because you have the second pick in the draft doesn't mean it's sure-fire. Just because you have a top-10 pick for the first time in 10 years doesn't mean that. Everything is time and circumstance."

dolphingator said:
At last, some sanity and common sense from this board. Saban HAS to get a FRANCHISE QB or RB with that #2 pick. The only chance we likely will ever have at a top player... unless we get stupid and stick with Feeley. Then we might blow enough games to get a high pick.

I'm sorry but I have been reading all the trade down junk for too long. We HAVE to get the BPA IMPACT player with that pick.

So if Saban does go rb you will feel more qualified to be the head coach than Nick?

I thought I heard Simms was mad that they gave the contract to Griese and that he was thinking of asking for a trade.

rickeyrunsover said:
LOL this from someone that says "I am sure Saban is telling the media his plans" when a report that we are going running back in teh draft like Clayton or Mort or Anyone. Just because it is Fla ESPN doesnt mean that he has exclusive. Even if he did, the national media would have it. Clayton just said that we would either take Brown or trade down. He said it is a foregone conclusion we werent drafting a qb #2. Is he right? Does he have some other inside source? Face it, post what ever you want, there is nothing out there that proves for fact what Saban is going to do. I think Saban likes it that way. Let every media outlet report what we are gonna do and keep people guessing and see if the interest in a trade down option opens and explore every option. Noone will know what Saban is gonna do til he does it.

Saban obviously also doesnt feel as strong as Gruden or isnt letting on. Here is a quote from Saban from the Post article.

Another from the same article

LOL.....how did I know you would chime in? As I said later in the thread, I'm only reporting what I heard, I realize no one but Saban knows what he is doing for sure.

I don't put any credibility in anything anyone of these pundits say about who were taking, and that includes the ones that think we'll go runningback.

For the record though, Odioso worked in the NFL on different teams, I know he was with Tampa for one. So hes not your typical media type, he has accually worked with and knows a lot of NFL people, long before he got involved on radio.

phunwin said:
And I am standing firm on my statement that there's a 50-50 chance we trade down. :)

:lol: You really shouldn't go out on a limb like that! Setting yourself up for a ton of criticism! ;)

BlueFin said:
LOL.....how did I know you would chime in? As I said later in the thread, I'm only reporting what I heard, I realize no one but Saban knows what he is doing for sure.

I don't put any credibility in anything anyone of these pundits say about who were taking, and that includes the ones that think we'll go runningback.

For the record though, Odioso worked in the NFL on different teams, I know he was with Tampa for one. So hes not your typical media type, he has accually worked with and knows a lot of NFL people, long before he got involved on radio.

You KNOW I cant stay away from the qb debates LOL! I know what you are saying but the point is it works both ways. I dont care how much teh guy knows, He doesnt have inside with Nick, he may be good at speculation and making infoirmed logical conclusions bsed on maneuvers made already, but I dont think Nick has made up his mind and is still evaluating every scenario, not that I know that, but he is still holding individual meetings with players, which says to me he is not locked onto one scenario. Speculation is speculation, no matter who it comes from.

rickeyrunsover said:
You KNOW I cant stay away from the qb debates LOL! I know what you are saying but the point is it works both ways. I dont care how much teh guy knows, He doesnt have inside with Nick, he may be good at speculation and making infoirmed logical conclusions bsed on maneuvers made already, but I dont think Nick has made up his mind and is still evaluating every scenario, not that I know that, but he is still holding individual meetings with players, which says to me he is not locked onto one scenario. Speculation is speculation, no matter who it comes from.

I agree, however, a leak is possible from even the most secretive of organizations....humans being humans and all that.

I simply put it out there because I heard it, I guess we'll find out in a week or so if there is any validity to it.

BlueFin said:
I agree, however, a leak is possible from even the most secretive of organizations....humans being humans and all that.

I simply put it out there because I heard it, I guess we'll find out in a week or so if there is any validity to it.

Yeah it is out there as is the rb talk. Leaks are possible I agree. But who has teh leaks? Espn is acting certain what they have is correct, so it is possible they got a leak. Maybe they both got planted "leaks". Fact is even if you see us drafting Smith, doesnt mean he actually had inside info, could be he got lucky on his pick. Yes it does give some credibility cuse it then becomes possible that he did have some knowledge, but doesnt prove it. Same with RB. probably a 45 % chance of being right with either position, with 10% chance on a wr being teh pick.

BlueFin said:

Sometimes a leak is possible because it is purposely leaked. It wouldn't surprise me if Saban had someone "leak" this info so that anyone wanting a QB would have to come through us. If everyone feels we are for sure taking a RB, then our trade down possibilities are hurt. My take on Saban is that he is a guy that likes to have all of his bases covered and loves to have a ton of directions that he can go.

bfishusi said:
Sometimes a leak is possible because it is purposely leaked. It wouldn't surprise me if Saban had someone "leak" this info so that anyone wanting a QB would have to come through us. If everyone feels we are for sure taking a RB, then our trade down possibilities are hurt. My take on Saban is that he is a guy that likes to have all of his bases covered and loves to have a ton of directions that he can go.

Absolutely, and I agree. He's no dummy, and that is why I'm a pretty happy Dolphin fan right now, can't say that about the Wannstedt years.

BlueFin said:
As I said earlier, the word in Tampa is that Gruden has somewhat soured on Simms. Gruden has caught a lot of flak from fans and media here about why Simms is not getting an opportunity, he plainly tells them that they don't see what he sees in practice.......he just hasn't developed.

PS

His shoulder is still not 100%, its been slow to recover!

BlueFin said:
Absolutely, and I agree. He's no dummy, and that is why I'm a pretty happy Dolphin fan right now, can't say that about the Wannstedt years.

Yep, it sure feels good. At first I thought that there was no way that we would take anything other than a RB even when the phins org. was saying that they really didn't know. Now, any pick, whether it be RB,WR,QB ect, would not really surprise me. It will sure make for an interesting draft day. Gives a lot of hope for the future.

Back
Top Bottom