ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins.........

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Rick Odioso, NFL Insider, reports that he's hearing Saban has looked at AJ Feeley and does not see a quarterback thats going to take him to a Superbowl. He stated that Saban is looking at a Quarterback at #2 if he doesn't trade down.

Alex Smith will be in Miami tommorow for yet another personal workout for Nick Saban.

John Gruden called Alex Smith a "Genius" after working him out, word out of Tampa is Gruden would like to get Rodgers or Smith, even though he recently signed Brian Griese to a big long term deal.

I still think that this is all just baiting TB for a trade.

Or maybe Tampa is smokescreening, They have more holes than we do, I don't see them giving away first day picks they can't afford to give away.

BlueFin said:
Or maybe Tampa is smokescreening, They have more holes than we do, I don't see them giving away first day picks they can't afford to give away.

Very well could be. This is why I love this time of year. I am standing firm on my feeling that Miami will not be picking at 2.

BlueFin said:
Rick Odioso, NFL Insider, reports that he's hearing Saban has looked at AJ Feeley and does not see a quarterback thats going to take him to a Superbowl. He stated that Saban is looking at a Quarterback at #2 if he doesn't trade down.

Alex Smith will be in Miami tommorow for yet another personal workout for Nick Saban.

John Gruden called Alex Smith a "Genius" after working him out, word out of Tampa is Gruden would like to get Rodgers or Smith, even though he recently signed Brian Griese to a big long term deal.

Odioso...doesn't that mean "stinky" en espanol?

Anyway, here's hoping Rick's report is on target. My (slight) preference is for Rodgers, but if Nick falls in love with Smith, that's fine too.

Dredd1050 said:
Very well could be. This is why I love this time of year. I am standing firm on my feeling that Miami will not be picking at 2.

And I am standing firm on my statement that there's a 50-50 chance we trade down. :)

phunwin said:
And I am standing firm on my statement that there's a 50-50 chance we trade down. :)

You are a very smart man!! :)

BlueFin said:

No offense Bluefin,
someone is always "hearing" things but you never hear these reporters quoting Saban. It's all guess work and opinion.

If Saban drafts A.Smith then we'll know he was interested in him.

As far as TB goes Gruden is setting up his camo for the draft IMO, yes they signed Griese but my question is, Is Simms a bust already?

I love the "we hear" stuff. As intense as Saban has been about keeping things quiet, we are supposed to believe that something that critical just casualy leaks out. Yeah right.

I think all the media, and all the "insiders" are pissed off because Slick Nick isn't giving them anything, so they make up stuff.

based on the pick value chart, of which is something similar to what Saban will use to determine value, Tampa would have to give up the #5, #36, #71, and #91 to get equal value for the #2 overall.

#2 is worth 2600

#5 is worth 1700, #36 is 540, #71 is 235, and #91 is 136 for a total of 2611.

that means that Tampa would pick #2 overall, then not have a pick till the 4th round...I cant see a trade happening

Hey, I'm just reporting what I hear, I am fully aware only Nick really knows.

But that also applies to everyone that is so convinced we are taking a runner as well.

Dudeman said:
based on the pick value chart, of which is something similar to what Saban will use to determine value, Tampa would have to give up the #5, #36, #71, and #91 to get equal value for the #2 overall.

#2 is worth 2600

that means that Tampa would pick #2 overall, then not have a pick till the 4th round...I cant see a trade happening

As likely as Tampa Bay would be to be a trade up partner, I just can't see them giving away all those picks. They would get the player they wanted but after that, no picks until the 4th would destroy their draft.

Hellion said:
No offense Bluefin,
someone is always "hearing" things but you never hear these reporters quoting Saban. It's all guess work and opinion.

If Saban drafts A.Smith then we'll know he was interested in him.

As far as TB goes Gruden is setting up his camo for the draft IMO, yes they signed Griese but my question is, Is Simms a bust already?

just so that everyone is clear on Griese, he signed a 5 year deal that is full of roster boni.

Allen did this so that the contract can be revisited at the end of each year. If the production doesn't match the money, Griese is gone.

If Griese has a down year in 2005 for example, he wont be around in 2006 to collect his paycheck

Dudeman said:

#2 is worth 2600

I can't either Dudeman, Gruden is already on the hotseat in Tampa due to some bad personnel moves and two losing seasons in a row, I can't see him giving away that many first day picks for a young QB, but you never know.

Dudeman said:

#2 is worth 2600

I don't know what Saban will do, but I have to believe if TB were to offer us #5, #36 and #91 (leaving #71, a 3rd rounder) for our #2, he would take to fill our many needs.

Back
Top Bottom