Espn Todd McShay 2015 Mock Draft 3.0 has Dolphins taking.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Todd McShay 2015 Mock Draft 3.0 has Dolphins taking....

Kevin Johnson is definitely moving up and probably ends up going late round 1. I like him, but not at #14. I'm not sure there's a corner worthy of that #14 pick although Marcus Peters and Trae Waynes might be. Jalen Collins is probably next on the list and then Johnson, but that may depend on scheme fits.

If the rumors are true that the Dolphins are likely to part ways with Mike Wallace, then I have to think the Dolphins are drafting at least one receiver in the first three rounds and quite likely one in the first. Looking at the receivers, Miami might have a shot at DaVante Parker. Doriel Green-Beckham most likely will be there at #14 and I'm warming to Jaelen Strong, but with a trade down in the 1st.

No one believes in Jamar Taylor? Will Davis and Walt Aikens can't get a shot? I just don't get all the first round corner talk. Assuming we aren't going offense, I would rather reach on an ILB like Denzel Perryman right here or the top DT instead of corner. Perryman could be our mlb for awhile. Dude is a football player and a jackhammer!!

No one believes in Jamar Taylor? Will Davis and Walt Aikens can't get a shot? I just don't get all the first round corner talk. Assuming we aren't going offense, I would rather reach on an ILB like Denzel Perryman right here or the top DT instead of corner. Perryman could be our mlb for awhile. Dude is a football player and a jackhammer!!

i believe in Taylor... and I said before that we keep Davis definitely and see what he can bring until his contract is done... if he can contribute depth and ability, then we sign. he needs to prove and show though. Aikens is good depth too.

but all in all we really do need to sign an outside CB for development and future (Steven Nelson), its a big need for us... Grimes is also aging up there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Im with ya, I think about this all the time, and just getting a Steve Nelson in round 3 or 4 would be good with me. There are underrated guys and CB is just like WR to me. It takes a year or two to reach full potential and sometimes 3 years. But if you want a guy who will start sooner rather than later, or play slot right away in pass pacakages, then you have to get the higher ranked guys. Kevin Johnson would be a nice guy to have.

Yes I do....I think Jamar Taylor is ready to start.....and I love the potential of Walt Aikens and Michael Thomas.

I don't have the same belief in Will Davis however...who will have to prove himself.

But realize one thing.....you cannot get enough corners in this pass happy league which often fields 3 to as many 5 corners on passing downs.

Trae Waynes....should he fall to 14....is an awesome cover corner with great instincts....who posted a 4.35 forty at the combine.

Neon Deion was gushing about him....which carry's much weight.

Eric Kendricks?
How far down do you think Miami could trade back and still get Kendricks? I do like him a lot. He can cover and hit. If Miami is able to get a bigger, run stuffing DT I think a player like Kendricks could have a lot of success here.

Posted by SF Dolphin Fan: How far down do you think Miami could trade back and still get Kendricks? I do like him a lot. He can cover and hit. If Miami is able to get a bigger, run stuffing DT I think a player like Kendricks could have a lot of success here.

Cleveland Browns would be the first team that scares me for Kendricks at #12... but i think they'd go DL more first, or WR, plus that a bit high still for Kendricks.

so i think he is there for us at #14.... too high still i think, i'd still reach. but would LOVE to trade down.

Cleveland Browns the are sitting there at #19... now did they go WR or DL first pick???... would they still work those 2 position first before Kendricks? do they think higher on Perryman or Mckinney?

Afterwards it really gets going I think at Dallas as a possibility at #27
but definitely Indy at #29, and definitely Green Bay at #30.... I can see GB going right at an ILB like us... Indy a bit more questionable where they go first pick.

now saying all this too he could slip into the second but i highly doubt as far as our pick. i value him as definitely the #1 ILB in the draft... not sure on the other teams. Perryman #2, McKinney a falling #3... then a huge drop off in ability.

If we are going to reach for a defensive player lets do it for a Mike

:brewskis: if we are going defense take kendricks 4.61 and those instincts awareness and coverage skills arent gonna be around long...id happily take him at 14 i just hope these guys dont give me a mason foster free agent bad contract on the books

:brewskis: if we are going defense take kendricks 4.61 and those instincts awareness and coverage skills arent gonna be around long...id happily take him at 14 i just hope these guys dont give me a mason foster free agent bad contract on the books

agreed ... Eric Kendricks is the one guy I wouldnt mind reaching at #14 for

Posted by SF Dolphin Fan: How far down do you think Miami could trade back and still get Kendricks? I do like him a lot. He can cover and hit. If Miami is able to get a bigger, run stuffing DT I think a player like Kendricks could have a lot of success here.

Cleveland Browns would be the first team that scares me for Kendricks at #12... but i think they'd go DL more first, or WR, plus that a bit high still for Kendricks.

so i think he is there for us at #14.... too high still i think, i'd still reach. but would LOVE to trade down.

Cleveland Browns the are sitting there at #19... now did they go WR or DL first pick???... would they still work those 2 position first before Kendricks? do they think higher on Perryman or Mckinney?

but definitely Indy at #29, and definitely Green Bay at #30.... I can see GB going right at an ILB like us... Indy a bit more questionable where they go first pick.

now saying all this too he could slip into the second but i highly doubt as far as our pick. i value him as definitely the #1 ILB in the draft... not sure on the other teams. Perryman #2, McKinney a falling #3... then a huge drop off in ability.

I think Cleveland would bank on Kendricks being there at pick 19 for them if they were really interested but I think they go DT at 19 and take a WR at 12.

I'm starting to think I'd just take him at #14 as well. That is if the team is unable to solve ILB in free agency. I like Perryman in run defense, but not sure if he can cover. McKinney was so unimpressive at the combine that I think he moves into the second round. Kendricks looks great in coverage, but needs to be protected.

I guess the question becomes what are the run stuffing DT's available after R1? Davis maybe? That may also be a hard position to fill in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom