Espn Todd McShay 2015 Mock Draft 3.0 has Dolphins taking.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Todd McShay 2015 Mock Draft 3.0 has Dolphins taking....

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
#14 Kevin Johnson Wake Forest CB

your thoughts?

Analysis: This is a bit of a reach here, as Johnson is our 20th-ranked prospect, but given how many good young wide receivers there are in the NFL right now ( with another good class on the way), teams such as Miami that need help at cornerback could feel compelled to reach a little bit on the best cornerback prospects in this class. Johnson is an underrated cover corner with excellent change of direction skills and good size at 6-foot, and he quietly turned in one of the better overall combine workouts among defensive backs. His 4.52 40 time is slightly above average for a corner, but what was overlooked were his outstanding results in the jumps ( 41.5-inch vertical, 10 foot, 10 inch broad) and shuttles (3.89 short shuttle, 6.79 long), matching the explosiveness and fluidity he shows on tape. Washington cornerback Marcus Peters is the better player, but his behavioral baggage could push him down the board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin Johnson Wake Forest CB

your thoughts?

Kevin Johnson- Wake Forest: great footwork, runs well with and has great long speed and quickness, uses his hands well too, great hips and flexability and great route awareness, he has a nose for the ball to go tackle and make plays but isnt strong and is EXTREMELY thin frame.... needs to add strength, definitely in the lower body... he is wiry. great instincts, and seems to play with an attitude that can be positive and/or negative

he looked very nice at the combine as well

I wonder who Mitchell is signed with.

This is clearly a case of a sports agency pushing there player through Mcshay.

I remember a few weeks ago when all of a sudden everyone including Mcshay started talking About Perriman, come to find out he had just signed with Rosenhaus.

Why I don't listen to anything by ESPN when it comes to draft.

knowing the organization.... I am expecting a safe pick such as Malcolm Brown or Kevin Johnson...someone with little downside risk

your thoughts?

Analysis: This is a bit of a reach here, as Johnson is our 20th-ranked prospect, but given how many good young wide receivers there are in the NFL right now ( with another good class on the way), teams such as Miami that need help at cornerback could feel compelled to reach a little bit on the best cornerback prospects in this class. Johnson is an underrated cover corner with excellent change of direction skills and good size at 6-foot, and he quietly turned in one of the better overall combine workouts among defensive backs. His 4.52 40 time is slightly above average for a corner, but what was overlooked were his outstanding results in the jumps ( 41.5-inch vertical, 10 foot, 10 inch broad) and shuttles (3.89 short shuttle, 6.79 long), matching the explosiveness and fluidity he shows on tape. Washington cornerback Marcus Peters is the better player, but his behavioral baggage could push him down the board.

I'll take Jalen Collins (4.43 40....almost 6'2"...more upside....1.50 ten yard split) of LSU before him....and I think he will be there.

If we are going to reach for a defensive player lets do it for a Mike

your thoughts?

I love Kevin Johnson, but I have us taking him in Round 2 of my mock (below).

Kevin Johnson is just one of those guys that falls between 14 and 47. I do think he's a 1st RD talent, and I currently have him as the #2 CB in the draft. 14 is rich, though.

Back
Top Bottom