ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........ | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........

I tried to figure out all scenarios needed for us to make the play-offs but gave up. There at least 20 diff scenarios, probably more. We need more games to be played before we can really take a closer look.
It looks like it miami wins out, they are in. Because many of the teams in the hunt with miami play each other or cancel each other out with losses which will help miami. But only if miami wins all of the games. Very difficult tho. I was just thinking, watch miami will win all of the game only to face pats and end of season and lose and not get in playoffs ha. Pats are going to be very tough even if miami manages to make it past titans who will be tough too. One thing that helps is miami often wins home vs pats which I believe it's a home game for miami. All I know is miami's d line better put their big boy pants on vs patriouts run game with how good pats run game is and their run blocking. Bills just got man handled despite doing eveything they could to stop the run.

No. I wrote he wasn't good at fitting the ball into tighter windows over the middle of the field consistently.

The intermediate area has never been his forte, but you guys are so busy sucking him off you can't admit he has anything to work on and get defensive.

Watch his tape and you'll see its most pushing it deep to open receivers or short passes. The middle intermediate has never been an area he utilized the way it is in the NFL, and most of his turnovers or bad plays have been trying to hit balls in this area under pressure in his NFL career.
Absolutely not what you wrote lol! You do realize that when you write something here, its available for everyone to read right?

And yeah, no one here is sucking him off, in fact, the only applicable sexual connotation right now is that you've been butthurt for over a month.

Last edited:
Anytime we have been fortunate enough to beat NE in NE they have come down here and smacked us the next time around. Without looking it up I can't remember the last time we swept the Pats. 90's maybe?

As for Tua having it, being is, future HOF'er, would have beat Buffalo if he wasn't face down in the grass broken, etc, just try to put the pom pom's down for a second. Anytime someone says it's too early for that and let's see if we can improve from a 20 point/game avg. to 30 where we need to be if we are really thinking championship, the defensiveness goes off the charts here shouting down the offensive poster. It's embarrassing really. We have a high-percentage short passing game working for us right now but non unfair to want or think we need more. Yes much depends on the line but still a lot to prove there. I'm optimistic it can and will develop but no shame in wondering/discussing. No need to bite people's heads off. The people complaining about trolls are themselves the biggest trolls.

As for playoffs or potentially winning a game in the playoffs should we be so fortunate as to make it, it's kind of funny, we spend half our time talking about how our line is dead last in the league and then in the other half of our time we talk about winning out and can beat anyone in the AFC (potentially) come playoff time. Trying to square the logic there. IMO our offensive flaws which limit our points generally to around 20 give or take is too much of an impediment to do either most likely. Now like I said in another thread at least we get Jets and Saints next up so win those and we at least set up some compelling January football games. Just think our flaws will catch up with us at that point whether at Tennessee, home against Pats or in the 1st round of the playoffs if we are in that extremely fortunate situation. Hope I'm wrong, would love to win the SB this year but realistically think our window begins next year if we can successfully invest 75% of our cap/draft capital in this offense and really give Tua something to work with.

It looks like it miami wins out, they are in. Because many of the teams in the hunt with miami play each other or cancel each other out with losses which will help miami. But only if miami wins all of the games. Very difficult tho. I was just thinking, watch miami will win all of the game only to face pats and end of season and lose and not get in playoffs ha. Pats are going to be very tough even if miami manages to make it past titans who will be tough too. One thing that helps is miami often wins home vs pats which I believe it's a home game for miami. All I know is miami's d line better put their big boy pants on vs patriouts run game with how good pats run game is and their run blocking. Bills just got man handled despite doing eveything they could to stop the run.
Very far from accurate considering there are the Bills, Chargers and Bengals that are all 7-5. Worst case scenario Bills finish 10-7 and instantly beat us out.
To show you how its impossible to calculate that yet, Ill list some scenarios below.

These are all considering we win out and finish 10-7.

*If Bills win 2 of the next 5 they beat us out. So they need to lose 3 of the 5 games remaining.
*Bengals and Chargers must either loose 3 games of their next 5. Or, they need to lose 2 of the next 5 and those losses need to be Divisional. Since we do not have a head to head this year, it falls to Divisional record.
*If the Colts win 4 of their next 5, they beat us out.

And these are just the top teams. Other teams can win out and beat us in various ways. There way too many games remaining to even begin to calculate this.

Very far from accurate considering there are the Bills, Chargers and Bengals that are all 7-5. Worst case scenario Bills finish 10-7 and instantly beat us out.
To show you how its impossible to calculate that yet, Ill list some scenarios below.

These are all considering we win out and finish 10-7.

*If Bills win 2 of the next 5 they beat us out. So they need to lose 3 of the 5 games remaining.
*Bengals and Chargers must either loose 3 games of their next 5. Or, they need to lose 2 of the next 5 and those losses need to be Divisional. Since we do not have a head to head this year, it falls to Divisional record.
*If the Colts win 4 of their next 5, they beat us out.

And these are just the top teams. Other teams can win out and beat us in various ways. There way too many games remaining to even begin to calculate this.
I did playoff machine and did just about various probable scenarios and most cases Miami got in if win out. Good chance bucs beat bills too since Brady owns bills plus patriots play bills again. Which if bills beat patriots and Miami had to beat patriots at end so two Losses for patriots. Plus they play colts. Or patriots beating colts can help Miami. Very losable games for inconsistent bengals coming up too

As far as the Rpo goes. I don't think it stunts his growth. Need to make quick reads and decisions. Give him time to run standard offense combined with this option and he will be fine. Only concern with him at this point is health and arm strength. With the right down field weapons and time arm strength hopefully won't be an issue.

I don’t see BUF losing 8 games, which is the minimum it’ll take to bypass them. NE has to be the target since we can still capture the h2h.
NE concerns me more than Buffalo. We played buffalo tough last time If we did play them again this year I’d like our chances. However, we don’t have them on our schedule again unless we run into them in the playoffs. NE is going to be a challenge that’s for sure, at least they are in our house though no?

I want pats to lose also, because I do not want to see, I repeat, I do now want to see pats get no.1 seed. They keep winning they'll win the division and could retain no 1 spot despite not being best team in afc. Regardless, that would be very tough for any team to beat them and last thing we need to see his pats in the superbowl........again. I think it helps miami more with pats losing too for miami to get in playoffs also

I’m already resigned to NE getting the calls they need to be in the mix. They surely didn’t get called for holding much on MON night.

I’ve said this many times over the years. The NFL is a game that can be easily manipulated by the NFL’s officials because penalties can essentially be called each and every play.

Games are not as much influenced by what they call, but rather by what they don’t call. When they do throw flags, the replay invariably shows that the calls were good. So the masses are lulled to sleep.

What they don’t see or notice is the same thing happening the very next play or on the other side of the ball and NOT being called. And that’s how outcomes can be easily influenced.

Having said that, I felt last season‘s story line was dedicated to validating Tom Brady outside of Bill Belichick and the Patriots system. With that mission accomplished the new story line is validating BB beyond Tom Brady. And likely matching them up in this year’s SB.

Don’t think for one moment the NFL wouldn’t desperately want that storyline all over the media to sell this year’s SB. And they’ll influence their games as much as humanly possible by not calling certain penalties to allow them to control their games.

It’s already happening.

Bama open

It really didn’t matter apparently as Tua can throw into tight windows

Get him an average Oline another Stud WR and a bell cow running back who can pick up the blitz and be available to catch and watch out the ball will rarely hit the ground

Death 💀 by a million paper cuts 10 min drives will keep the D fresh

Maybe we get Lindsey back after the bye and the rest of the team heals up. Only thing I worry about is losing momentum on this long time off
I think Lindsay will be a big boost. He looked better than the other guys weve seen the last season and a half

Back
Top Bottom