ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........

In you're dreams. Bills will win enough to tie us, and own us on tie breaker.
That would be one of the last things I dream about. I don't believe anything in the NFL is an absolute. I'm just happy that we can even speculate about this right now. It makes this season a helluva lot more entertaining to watch than it was 6 weeks ago.

You saw the post, we are chasing Jills, and they own the tiebreaker. You don't have to say it, just look at the standings, then at the head to head record.
The head-to-head record won't mean anything if more than 2 teams are tied, it will go to overall afc record. And if the bills lose to New England again will have six losses in the AFC, and if we win out will only have five. And Buffalo also plays Tampa Bay next week so 10-7 may be more likely for them than some think. But of course I've not been looking at the standing lol.

I was watching it as well. They showed our pass block win rate at 45%. They also were concerned that because we run so much RPO that it could inhibit Tua's growth and when we run straight drop back stuff he hasn't looked as good. Does anyone have his numbers when not running RPO?
I just type drivel before researching thanks to my booze - but wonder how it compares to Peyton in his first year (I remember him being awful year 1). I suspect there are a lot of HoF qbs that sucked year 1. Granted it's technically year 2 for Tua but...oh man, I did it again, started arguing for Tua without even intending to. I just like the kid and think he is a class act so far.

I don't think we are going to ever see another Marino.

Even Mahomes sat behind Alex Smith a year if I remember correctly? Did Mahomes step foot on the field his rookie year? Serious questions, no insult/sarcasm intended.

Just for 'kicks and grins', who does anybody think we can beat in the playoffs? Nobody at this point.
I briefly saw some playoff scenario that didn't have the dolphins even on the bubble/cusp. Not sure if Bills/Pats game changed things?

I don't think there is much of a chance. I just want to see progress continue. And our OL in 2022 not be ranked 32nd. 22nd would be progress.

It's all on Flores and Co to dig deep and find a magician at offensive line coach, and bring yourself in the best veteran LT you have available via FA or Trade. That's the biggest hinderance to Tua's development, and it will let you open up the deep connection Tua and Waddle have been begging to show us all season.

I truly believe we have the talent on our current line, plus a veteran LT, to make an average caliber line. And that's the point of what the ESPN guys said, ultimately a point I agree with.

Didn't realize that Buffalo still has to play Tampa Bay. It's possible that Miami could pass the Bills. Wouldn't that be something.

And our chances to make the playoffs with Tua's accuracy and ability to get off quick passes and the necessity of doing so because of THE WORST OL in the NFL. Pass Blocking was something they called 45% or 54%, I believe, and they said that run blocking was at the very bottom of the league as well with Gaskin and Ahmed getting hit behind the line of scrimmage almost every carry. They felt that this will eventually stunt Tua's ability to throw the deep ball but I don't believe that. He also has the second quickest release at 2.5 sec in the NFL. The feeling was that the schedule was favorable however there are too many losses to the teams that we are chasing that it will be extremely difficult though not impossible if they keep playing the way they are now.........Finsup!!!!!!!
Mina Kimes mentioned the run blocking, but just subjectively. The 45% stat is pass block win rate, and is last in the league and historically bad. But the same stat for run blocking has us in the top 10, 6th before last week. We are, statistically at least, a good run blocking o line.

Doesn’t change the main point of how impressive Tua’s numbers are behind the 45% pass block win rate. I hope our management knows how to build upon that!

The head-to-head record won't mean anything if more than 2 teams are tied, it will go to overall afc record. And if the bills lose to New England again will have six losses in the AFC, and if we win out will only have five. And Buffalo also plays Tampa Bay next week so 10-7 may be more likely for them than some think. But of course I've not been looking at the standing lol.
2C039111-B68E-4DDF-AE3A-AFAAC5E37FFE.png

The tie breaker does not work like that when the teams are in the same division. This is directly from nfl.com. Looks like the Bills still have that 1/2 extra game lead on us from the sweep. So 10-7 would put them ahead of us even if we win out. But if we do win out, we still have a great chance regardless of what the Bills do.

I think what Mina was asking was if Tuas growth is getting stunted due to him running a pure RPO and having to make quick reads because his line is ass……well no ****….

And our chances to make the playoffs with Tua's accuracy and ability to get off quick passes and the necessity of doing so because of THE WORST OL in the NFL. Pass Blocking was something they called 45% or 54%, I believe, and they said that run blocking was at the very bottom of the league as well with Gaskin and Ahmed getting hit behind the line of scrimmage almost every carry. They felt that this will eventually stunt Tua's ability to throw the deep ball but I don't believe that. He also has the second quickest release at 2.5 sec in the NFL. The feeling was that the schedule was favorable however there are too many losses to the teams that we are chasing that it will be extremely difficult though not impossible if they keep playing the way they are now.........Finsup!!!!!!!
They said it might stunt his development playing in the pocket because it so rpo heavy because of bad o line. I'm hoping they can go more from the pocket if line gets a little better so he can not be dependent on rpo. Line is still not good, but seems to block a little better where tua has more time to pass. Hopefully more time for him going forward will help or lindsay back may give some rushing threat to get a little pressure off tua too

Just for 'kicks and grins', who does anybody think we can beat in the playoffs? Nobody at this point.
Depends on how miami keeps progressing. What I see from teams in afc is no dominant superior team. They all have flaws. Not gonna lie, if miam keeps getting better, miami could be dangerous if in playoffs. Miami could be like 2007 Giants. Giants weren't exactly the best team or more talent, they got hot and had a good defense. They had a good run game tho which hurts miami. Got see if lindsay can get back and stay healthy and do enough to give some balance which could make a big difference

They said it might stunt his development playing in the pocket because it so rpo heavy because of bad o line. I'm hoping they can go more from the pocket if line gets a little better so he can not be dependent on rpo. Line is still not good, but seems to block a little better where tua has more time to pass. Hopefully more time for him going forward will help or lindsay back may give some rushing threat to get a little pressure off tua too
Do the opposite, go more RPO.

Back
Top Bottom