Espn's analysis of Dolphins Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn's analysis of Dolphins Camp

Come on training camp!!! At this point I would crap a donkey to see one pre-season scrimmage! I'm dying here!!!!!!!!

finzforever3000 said:
but if we cut him who do we have to be the kick returner??he better make it.
Simmons, Newsom, Minor, Snoop, Russell (if he beats out Henrey for #3 RB)....those are just to name a few. Not saying they are any better, but Wilkens isn't going to play anyway....would just be a returner. So I think if they like Simmons or Newsom to be WR someday....they would rather have them on the sidelines for a chance to play and get experience, instead of Wilkens.

Ohiophinphan said:
A good write-up but it ignores some of the more interesting young players potentially in the mix. There is no talk of Fred Russell battling for a RB/KR spot, the struggle between Jenkins, Pope, and Bua for special teams spots, or Bell competing for a safety position.

It hit the obvious points very well but I think the writers on this board have a better grasp of the roster's potential nuances.

I agree, they left a little bit out, though this article is much better than the usual excrement ESPN puts out.

Steve

He says our o-line has no depth yet did he count the players he talked about, 8! that leaves 3 for depth. StClair German Whitley and Mac provide solid depth. Other than that I agree w/ what he said.

Actualy I dont see anything new in this report.It seems to be a compilation of other reports and articles and I suspect a look at Finheaven.

However one item caught my interest.The possibility Carey could take the RT spot early and move St Clair to RG where I believe he would be more effective.Hope thats true.

FiN.in.RI said:
nice write up..feeley is going to have a good year.

With feely, boston, chambers, ricky and mcmichael and a reamped line this year our offence should be unstoppable:cooldude: :D :cooldude:

There is one way to add some quality depth to our line, resign Jamie Nails. You add instant competition to the starter spot or a quality backup. Are reading this Spielman? :stooges:

I can't believe it, but I agree with what ESPN says here, almost word for word. I have never felt though, that QB was Feeley's job to lose, but rather his job to win. The only way he gets a fair shake is if, behind the scenes, Huizenga tells Wanny how it's going to be.

Great assessment of the defense overall...let us hope though, that the 2004 Fins have at least a very good offense and a very good Special Teams crew. It would be nice to see all three playing well every Sunday (or Monday) of the season!

I agree, they left a little bit out, though this article is much better than the usual excrement ESPN puts out.
I think statements like these are a result of ESPN and ESPN.com not kissing Miami's ***. Sure I would like to read how great Miami is going to be but after the last few years I don't blame anyone being weary of them being more than a 10-6, 11-5 team that will lose early in the playoffs if they get in. The last two preseason's Chris Mortensen actually had the audacity to predict the Dolphins wouldn't make the playoffs when they were one of the preseason favs to make it to the Super Bowl. Can you believe the nerve of that guy? Wait a second!!:rolleyes:

KYfinfan said:
I think statements like these are a result of ESPN and ESPN.com not kissing Miami's ***. Sure I would like to read how great Miami is going to be but after the last few years I don't blame anyone being weary of them being more than a 10-6, 11-5 team that will lose early in the playoffs if they get in. The last two preseason's Chris Mortensen actually had the audacity to predict the Dolphins wouldn't make the playoffs when they were one of the preseason favs to make it to the Super Bowl. Can you believe the nerve of that guy? Wait a second!!:rolleyes:
YA wut a loser:( !

KYfinfan said:

Actually, I was refering to ESPN as a whole and not just what they write about the Phins.

Steve

Whoever did this writeup has a correct-name-spelling percentage somewhere south of Ray Lucas' completion percentage.

Ogunleye is a power pass rusher with decent speed and excellent hands. He plays the run well and uses a variety of moves inside.

that is my only problem, because Ogunleye has said himself he only has 2 moves.

Back
Top Bottom