ESPN's coverage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's coverage

DePhinistr8

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm bitter about how the season has turned out, or maybe it's that lump of coal I got in my stocking (at least I think it was coal), but I must ***** about ESPN's coverage of Monday Night Football this year.

The pregame:

1. Michael Irvin looks like a friggin clown. Not sure what else I can add to that.

2. Chris Mortenson's <sp?> reporting has gone from informed and knowledgeable to rumor mongering and sensational. Here's how I heard the whole Saban/Alabama thing:
Well Ali dumped Mikey, and she really really likes Nick, but Nick is still like, totally with Mia, and says he really digs her, but until like, Ali finds a new boyfriend, I could like, totally see Nick dumping Mia to totally hook up with Ali. Oh, My, God!

3. The lil' pre-game Jets thing with the kid on x-mas day? It's like there wasn't another team playing.

Gametime:

1. Tirico is really good as a play by play guy.
2. Kornheiser can die in a fire...he's annoying and childish.
3. While I can't stand Theisman personally, I think he does an OK job as the color commentator. However the attempts by Kornheiser to be funny just come off as petty and annoying.
4. Kornheiser made a comment along the lines of "If Cleo Lemon is so good, why haven't we ever heard of him?" Are you f-ing kidding me? How many times has a no name guy stepped in and shocked the NFL with their play. Let's see:
Tom Brady
Tony Romo (well, until about 3 weeks ago, but still pretty darn good)
Terrell Owens
Joe Montana
etc, etc, etc....the list goes on and on with guys that were never really highly touted, stepped in, and had awesome careers. I'm not saying Cleo will be that guy, in fact I really doubt it, but c'mon Kornheiser, pull your head out of your ***...

/end rant...for now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Irvin is, and, always has been a loudmouth clown.
He has never had anything relevent to add to any broadcast I have ever listened to. He only serves as another voice to provide volume to a bunch of people talking over themselves, which is what ESPN's covereage has fallen to. It's unlistenable broadcasting. In fairness to Irvin, he's doing what he is no doubt being asked to do.

I still like Mort.
I think he adds at least a little credibility to a show that's gone in the toilet.

Agree about Trico. He does a servicable job.

I hate Theisman. I think he's a complete idiot and adds little to nothing.
He's almost, but, not quite as bad as Dan Dierdorf, who, IMO was as bad as Dennis Miller.

I personally like Kornheiser. He's got a certain style about him which some people are going to like and, some are going to not like. AFA his comment regarding Lemon....Well, plenty of people on this board have and will continue to say "If Cleo was starting materiel, why wouldn't he have started by now?"
Tony is there to entertain, and stir up things a bit, and, that's what he does.

AFA the Jets focus went....*meh*...When Miami is in the playoff hunt I'll start getting upset about not getting the spotlight shone our way.

I like Tony more then any of those other annoying pieces of ****. At least he doesnt try and act like he knows everything about the football.

Irvin is, and, always has been a loudmouth clown.
He has never had anything relevent to add to any broadcast I have ever listened to. He only serves as another voice to provide volume to a bunch of people talking over themselves, which is what ESPN's covereage has fallen to. It's unlistenable broadcasting. In fairness to Irvin, he's doing what he is no doubt being asked to do.

I still like Mort.
I think he adds at least a little credibility to a show that's gone in the toilet.

Agree about Trico. He does a servicable job.

I hate Theisman. I think he's a complete idiot and adds little to nothing.
He's almost, but, not quite as bad as Dan Dierdorf, who, IMO was as bad as Dennis Miller.

I personally like Kornheiser. He's got a certain style about him which some people are going to like and, some are going to not like. AFA his comment regarding Lemon....Well, plenty of people on this board have and will continue to say "If Cleo was starting materiel, why wouldn't he have started by now?"
Tony is there to entertain, and stir up things a bit, and, that's what he does.

AFA the Jets focus went....*meh*...When Miami is in the playoff hunt I'll start getting upset about not getting the spotlight shone our way.

I think I'm just on Kornheiser overload, I'm from the area where he writes and had his radio show...too much exposure for me :D

Gotta give it to Tony though, he wasn't giving Chad any breaks on his weak armed passing. He must have talked about Chad's lack of arm strength 4 or 5 times, even stating that his dog had a pretter arm than Chad. That comment got a chuckle out of me.

What was particularly funny was Kornholio & Theishead are ripping Pennington about his feeble arm strength as Chad is leading them on an 80 yard touchdown drive featuring all passes. It would have been cool if someone from Pennington's family came into their broadcast booth and beat the mucus out of both of them. The 2 of them are a unique tandem: they've got nothing to say and never shut the hell up!

Back
Top Bottom