ESPN's Football Power Index says Dolphins odds to land 1st pick stable | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Football Power Index says Dolphins odds to land 1st pick stable

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
There is a whole lot of fear mongering right now among the worst NFL fanbases across the league. For the Miami Dolphins, the fear is that this team will fail to successfully acquire their preferred target at quarterback — and the pathway to that failure is to not acquire the 1st-overall selection in the 2020 NFL Draft. Naturally, the inclination is to assume the worst in this fan base — and why not. The football gods have not been kind to the Miami Dolphins over the course of the last two decades, why would their fortunes turn around now?

Rest easy, Dolphins fans. At least for now. Because while Miami is not the only winless NFL team to this point in the season and three more one-loss teams are bearing down their backs, the fact of the matter is Miami is still the overwhelming favorite in the clubhouse. ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) has simulated the remaining games of this NFL season 10,000 times and the Miami Dolphins hold a 70% chance to walk away from the year with the worst record in football. As a matter of fact, the Dolphins are projected to finish with the worst record all by themselves — the current projections position the Dolphins at 2-14, while the Cincinnati Bengals are projected to finish 3-13.

There’s absolutely no chance the Bungals win 3 games. It’s 1 against us or zero! I do however think we’ll win 2 games. 1 tomorrow and the Bungals/gaints/2nd Jets

There’s absolutely no chance the Bungals win 3 games. It’s 1 against us or zero! I do however think we’ll win 2 games. 1 tomorrow and the Bungals/gaints/2nd Jets
Leveon Bell alone could beat this D

Darnold just has to turn the ball over less than 3 times and they win hands down

Leveon Bell alone could beat this D

Darnold just has to turn the ball over less than 3 times and they win hands down

Hmm perhaps a little wishful thinking by a guy rooting for 0-16? If we were competitive against the bills, Steelers, and redskins then we should be able to hang with, and even beat, the walking mash unit that is the Jets.

Our point differential suggests that the other crappy teams are like the ‘84 49ers compared to us. We aren’t winning any games. Maybe 1 - and it will be because something really flukish happens. Like the opposing team gets struck by lightning on the sideline.

If this teams winning 2 I’m hoping ones against the Jets and that last game against the Cheatriots.

I was worried at first but from "injury" we litterally have a secondary of waiver wire pick ups

ESPN has forgotten that nothing is foolproof if enough fools have anything to say about it...

The brass planned a tank, and now have reservations about it. If they can bungle the tank. They can bungle the draft.

Hmm perhaps a little wishful thinking by a guy rooting for 0-16? If we were competitive against the bills, Steelers, and redskins then we should be able to hang with, and even beat, the walking mash unit that is the Jets.
We are competitive because teams overlook trash that we are

We are competitive because teams overlook trash that we are

I think there is some truth too think, I was thinking similarly.

We are a hard team to prepare for. We’ve done so much experimenting it’s hard to tell who’s going to do what.

We are a hard team to prepare for. We’ve done so much experimenting it’s hard to tell who’s going to do what.
And the gots to be the Hero in Fitz is tricky

Haha nah. Maybe because it's charming, but by halftime its so obvious how bad the Dolphins are that even a below average coach can adjust their scheme and literally beat us 3x over in the 2nd half.

You get no positive credit for being "bad" for the first half versus "the worst team in NFL history" in the second .

I'm good with a bunch of crappy players playing hard for 60 minutes and losing.

I'd prefer not to go 0 and 16, but other than that, lose away.

Back
Top Bottom