ESPN's PTI on Zach and his Probowl Selection | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's PTI on Zach and his Probowl Selection

Guys we are forgetting that ray lewis does that fun little dance before games and asks if there are dogs in the house. Those two factors alone are pro bowl material, not to mention the nfl mic's him up every game to hear his cheerleading antics, how can't you say thats pro bowl worthy?

Exactly. He's more known for running his yap nowadays rather then his play

Wilbon is obviously a homer for Ray, end of story. Poor journalism on wilbon's part, if he can't recognize the value of tackles for a linebacker he doesn't belong on ESPN!

Maybe Wilbon needs somebody killed in Hawaii?

NO, the point really is that ZT is NOT a game changer ... plain and simple ... also teams don't necessarily game plan 'around' ZT -- they plan, if you call it that -- right AT him ...

I have all the respect in the world for what ZT accomplishes given his limitations ... but I would trade 30 - 40 of his tackles per year for a more ferocious, feared MLB

Did anyone catch PTI today? There was a clip on Ray Lewis being kind of sour on not being elected to the probowl. First they commented on what Ray said (basically that the league is younger and don't know what to do with the votes, but they both said the league is the same age, only Ray has gotten older).
Anyways when Tony Cornholio mentioned the two linebackers that got in at Ray's position, Al Wilson and Zach, Wilbon's reaction to Zach's name was like, ehhhhh, like Zach wasn't exactly deserving. First thing I said was "he leads the league in tackles!"
At the end of the episode when that due from Around the Horn corrects them on errors, he said Wilbon's efforts on the show were like his bowling, overrated, and Zach leads the league in tackles. WIlbon said tackles aren't everything and Kornheiser said they are everything.

Anyway, it's kind of satisfying to see people recognize Zach especially with all the Zach vs. Ray threads.

tackles can be a very misleading statistic. miami opponents have run the ball 65 more times than Raven opponents.

tackles can be a very misleading statistic. miami opponents have run the ball 65 more times than Raven opponents.

Zach's naysayers in '96: 'Oh, he's too short, too small, too slow.'

late 90s: 'Well he can't keep it up. He'll wear down.'

2000 thru '04: 'He doesn't make enough plays. He's lucky he has those two big DTs in front of him. He wouldn't be effective in a 3-4 scheme.'

'05 to present: '...tackles can be a very misleading statistic.'

:lol:

NO, the point really is that ZT is NOT a game changer ... plain and simple ... also teams don't necessarily game plan 'around' ZT -- they plan, if you call it that -- right AT him ...

I have all the respect in the world for what ZT accomplishes given his limitations ... but I would trade 30 - 40 of his tackles per year for a more ferocious, feared MLB

well than you suck go and support baltimore and gay ray lewis if you love him over zach so much!:fire:

Not a game changer? How about that hit on McGahee? If the offense could have done anything with the ball... that was a game changing hit there..

They don't game plan around him???? Ask the Jets about this one.. Kevin Mawea's whole responsibility is to find Zach and stop him. Because they know he is a tackling machine. Not sure you really know what you are talking about.

Zach's naysayers in '96: 'Oh, he's too short, too small, too slow.'

late 90s: 'Well he can't keep it up. He'll wear down.'

2000 thru '04: 'He doesn't make enough plays. He's lucky he has those two big DTs in front of him. He wouldn't be effective in a 3-4 scheme.'

'05 to present: '...tackles can be a very misleading statistic.'

:lol:

that's not an '06 thing I have said it to zach backers for years. Kyle clifton once had 100 tackles in a year for the Jets and led the NFL in the early 90s but he wasn't close to being a top LB. Where are those tackles happening? I saw a game last year that dolphin fans said Zach was great against the Jets in NY but all his tackles were 6-7 yards downfield, he wasn't a factor in that game at all. Last year vilma led th league in tackles but I thought he was alot better his rookie year and this year Vilma's tackles are down and I think he's doing better than last year. It's not like a RB, QB or WR where you can use stats to judge a player- you can't do that w/ defensive players.

What about passing? You tackle on pass plays as well. ZT is better then any LB on the Jets. Don't be bitter

that's not an '06 thing I have said it to zach backers for years. Kyle clifton once had 100 tackles in a year for the Jets and led the NFL in the early 90s but he wasn't close to being a top LB. Where are those tackles happening? I saw a game last year that dolphin fans said Zach was great against the Jets in NY but all his tackles were 6-7 yards downfield, he wasn't a factor in that game at all. Last year vilma led th league in tackles but I thought he was alot better his rookie year and this year Vilma's tackles are down and I think he's doing better than last year. It's not like a RB, QB or WR where you can use stats to judge a player- you can't do that w/ defensive players.

It's always an us against the world mentality with you. The Jets are just so awesome of team with the best players in the world. Vilma and ZT are in different places in their careers. They are both successful but as of right now, obviously ZT has been more productive due to his being in the NFL longer.

Tackles arent misleading. It's one of the few things LBs are to be good at aside from pass coverage and run stopping

Okay juncky repeat after me,
"Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence and three times is a trend."

That's in response to your boy kyle "don't you ever compare him to ZT & hope to be taken seriously again" clifton.

Let's see, according to you ZT only makes insignificant taks downfield right? How does this happen on a defense ranked 3rd in yards and fifth in pts allowed? If a team's ILB/MLB is rendered ineffective how can it possibly succeed? Btw in comparison, a 2005 Vilma led D ranked 23rd in pts, 12th in yds.

Tackling and being physical is a "want to" and based on his career, Zach has been outstanding. Tackles are misleading? Please. The simple fact that this is year ELEVEN and he's leading the league once again (in an alignment that gave Ray fits & will result in the trading of Vilma) speaks volumes.

taackles r what matters in a football team...turnovers are key as well but all ppl notice clearly is a big time tackler

WHAATTTTTTTT!!..Did you see wha the did to Willis Last week..Man, these comments blow my mind..

So now, we are comparing Kyle Clifton and Jonathan Vilma to Zach, and looking for excuses on why Zach stats are misleading. All I can say is that I hate you just as much as you hate us. And let me ask you all of Vilma's tackles are at the point of attack right?..Just STFU because you are just hating. By the way, for the people that really know, they voted him in the pro-bowl again..

And see Zach numbers didn't dissapear because of the 3-4, it got better. So what the hell is Vilma's excuse?

Back
Top Bottom