Etienne returning | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Etienne returning

Bit of a shocker. Maybe he didn’t like a 2nd round grade
In today's NFL how many rbs really get 1st round grades. He is going to have to turn into superman to improve to that status in my mind.

Damn that sucks.. was a solid rb option

Maybe he just wants to try to win a championship

The kid may love college and want to win another Title, Clemson are big favorites going into next season, BUT this is not a smart move financially.

I don't see him moving up all that much in the next Draft to make up for the year of pro football he will miss.

RB shelf lives are short, he should start getting paid as soon as possible.

That does not even take into account him getting hurt next year, like Bryce Love at Stanford.

Bad move financially, but there's more to life, and if he's smart with his money, he'll still make enough. When guys leave early, good for them; when guys stay, good for them.

This is even more surprising than K. Hill and N. Harris returning, though.

Bad move financially, but there's more to life, and if he's smart with his money, he'll still make enough. When guys leave early, good for them; when guys stay, good for them.

This is even more surprising than K. Hill and N. Harris returning, though.

Hubbard deserves mention there, too. Stacked Sr class.

Bad move financially, but there's more to life, and if he's smart with his money, he'll still make enough.
Definitely... I think people seriously overestimate the difference between having 5M in your bank account as opposed to say 10M... The money vs. happiness relation ship isnt linear IMO... In other words, winning 10M wont make you twice as happy as winning 5M... Unless its an ego thing... IMO

I think people have him in the group with Taylor, Swift and Dobbins. Next year it should be between Etienne and Hubbard for the top back in the draft.

I heard this and it shocked me a little, wonder if he's looking at the depth in this RB class and hoping he's a lock for round 1 next, he's certainly not this yeare. The problem for RBs of course is an extra year, is an extra year of tread on those tires. He could have the same season he had this year, yet drop significantly.

Still a very deep RB class but this does hurt us because we need at least one.

I would’ve entered the draft if I had the opportunity in a heart beat. I played RB at a PAC 10 school and never had the opportunity to truly “make it.”

Every time I tried one of those mock draft simulator’s I took Etienne. Really liked the kid and thought he’d be a steal late 2nd Rd, early 3rd Rd.

Might have to use 1c or 2a to get the back we want.

Was hoping to hold out until the Saints pick, but I don't think Taylor, Dobbins, or Swift make it that far. There was a chance with Etienne in there, or a chance for him at least.

Really don't understand his decision especially with the position he plays and how Clemson uses him. Huge risk.

Maybe he likes college. I can't imagine being shortsighted enough to leave college a year early to join any work force

Under everyday joe circumstances, sure. But this is silly talk regarding pro athletes cashing a lottery ticket that might not be there a year later. Or might be much, much less if it is still there.

With only one year remaining, these guys can always pay their way back to school and finish if something happens after going pro.

In short, there’s a lot that can be lost by not declaring when the opportunity to go high in the draft is there. A degree can still be had either way. There’s nothing shortsighted about that.

Back
Top Bottom