Etienne | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Etienne

Fitz could live without an elite RB. I believe Tua needs a security blanket in the backfield with him. I believe any position that touches the ball often has to be very important. I've watched too much football not to know what a back like Etienne would mean to this offense. You put a star RB in the backfield and watch how fast your o-line looks better. The d-line has to respect his great speed and shiftiness which helps the play action game which is vital. Add in 2 more receivers and watch this offense work. Tua doesn't have to run a 4.4 40, he just has to get the ball to his playmakers. He'll be great at that.

Fitz could live without an elite RB. I believe Tua needs a security blanket in the backfield with him. I believe any position that touches the ball often has to be very important. I've watched too much football not to know what a back like Etienne would mean to this offense. You put a star RB in the backfield and watch how fast your o-line looks better. The d-line has to respect his great speed and shiftiness which helps the play action game which is vital. Add in 2 more receivers and watch this offense work. Tua doesn't have to run a 4.4 40, he just has to get the ball to his playmakers. He'll be great at that.
I don’t know that Etienne is the best RB in this class. I like Harris more. I believe Gainwell is better also. I haven’t watched UNC, but their RB is said to be one of the best in this class too. When you have 4 or more guys that are close I’d wait until at least one of those is picked before I take one. RB is just not a high value position.

No team NEEDS an Elite RB.

You need to have a good running game but that can be done(and many teams do it)without an elite talent at RB.

If you block well enough you can have a strong running game with very good RB's and not great ones.

This is why most teams are smart enough to know you don't draft them too high or pay them too much money.

I apologize for :dead:

Williams was not very impressive today against Notre Dame.

Was hoping to see more.

Williams was not very impressive today against Notre Dame.

Was hoping to see more.
Agree. Very disappointing outing for Williams. ND held Etienne to 28 yards and 1.6 average, so he had a disappointing outing as well against ND. It will be interesting to see how Najee fares against ND.

Iirc Etienne returned to Clemson because he received a 2nd RD grade. I don't think he's done anything in 2020 to improve his stock. If anything, coming out as a SR without showing anything new would ding him a bit.

Anyway, my point is that I don't understand why people are mocking him in the late 1st, when the NFL has already said that it's not high on him - even though he's an absolute stud. I'd feel a lot better about Miami spending 2a than 1b on Etienne. I'd still prefer to wait until at least 2b, but that's where that kind of pick at least starts to make sense.
Your point here - Etienne went back to school because of a 2nd Rd grade - is really subtle - matter of fact but really important.
If you take look at successful - consistent offenses in this league - look no further than QB- WR- pass catching TE.
The success of Rd1 RBs are outliers or nonexistent and their 2nd contracts are 100% nightmares.
Etienne is arguably the best RB prospect in the country - yet merits a Rd2 grade- not because of his talent level but because of the position.

I’d take Najee Harris with our 2a. Etienne will likely going in the 1st.

I don't even think Harris is necessarily the best power back in this class. 1) He plays on a stacked team with a killer line. 2) He returned for his senior season. 9 times out of 10, this is the move of a non-top flight prospect, especially at a position like RB which has a short shelf life.

I'm not saying 'no', I'm saying buyer beware. Just look how many of last year's crop of RBs are now having underwhelming seasons.

James Cook is a late round guy that is going to make it as a 3rd down guy if nothing else, Dalvin Cook’s brother.

Unless my roster is so stacked that I have no needs are harder to fill positions and have the luxury of "wasting" an early pick on RB, I am always going to go with the 3rd round and later statagey.

Take several Day 3 backs and keep looking until you hit on one or two of them.

It makes no sense to spend Draft and Cap resources on the RB position.

Back
Top Bottom