Evaluating The Schedule After The Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evaluating The Schedule After The Draft

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score

Originally after the Rosen trade I said he must start immediately to make the trade worth it and to evaluate Rosen, but the schedule actually sets up quite nicely to allow him to sit a few games behind Fitzpatrick and take over after the bye.

The first 4 games are still brutal with the Ravens, Pats, Cowboys and Chargers. All teams with stout defenses and good QBs.

The pass rush on these teams should dismantle the Dolphins OL.

But it eases up a little after the bye. A home game against the Redskins would be an ideal game for the Rosen debut as it would pit him against a comparably talented team with a rookie QB.

I still don’t think the draft changes the outlook much about the season since the team is still outmatched by the opponents, but might mean a 2-3 game swing from what I originally predicted.

I see a 6 win team here...

If he plays 12 games, I can see a 6-10 record.

I was thinking 8 games each unless Rosen steals the job, which should be the preference of all (unless you cover the team and prefer turmoil for job security) and a 4,5 win season.

The very essence of football is so cliche, one game at a time and build upon what you did last season. It's true though. At the end of the day, this will all get sorted out on the field.

Now matter how bleak you might think our impending season looks, let me just throw this out there. We have a better secondary than the Eagles and they have the best roster in the NFL. We have better WR's than half the league. Josh Rosen, meet Laremy Tunsil.

We snagged the best player (non QB), on the best team in the country the last 2 years.

We can build from this.

Last edited:
i think we win 5

either week 1 or 2 (new era always creates 1 emotional win)

Redskins (coming out of a bye, as you said might be Rosen first game)

EITHER jets at home or bills at home

vs Bengals

1 Misc. road game (easy to say Giants, but in December Saquon might go for 250)

i think we win 5

either week 1 or 2 (new era always creates 1 emotional win)

Redskins (coming out of a bye, as you said might be Rosen first game)

EITHER jets at home or bills at home

vs Bengals

1 Misc. road game (easy to say Giants, but in December Saquon might go for 250)

That Jets home game will be a fun one. Not only a Gase revenge game but Rosen v Darnold.

Imagine if we're in every game because Rosen is balling.

And losing (if we lose) in shootouts!

Have some fun and scare the crap out of people.

I just don't see this impending doom about this season, winning "maybe 4-6 games".
I think we're actually gonna be better than last season, despite the turnover in players.

I just don't see this impending doom about this season, winning "maybe 4-6 games".
I think we're actually gonna be better than last season, despite the turnover in players.

This team has zero pass rush and a very green and undermanned OL. That is not a recipe for success in the NFL. I think that caps them at 7 wins max.

So...you think were gonna break even this yr?

I can't believe people think we're gonna win 6 or 7 games and what's more, "be better than last year"?
Never mind the starting QB is gone cause I'm glad he is.
But our leading rusher is gone(Gore)
Our leading receiver is gone(Amendola)
Wilson(our best WR)and Grant are both coming back from surgery and at this point neither one is even ready to practice.
You never know what you'll get from Parker.
Our leader in sacks is gone(Wake)
Our 2nd leader in sacks is gone(Quinn)
Our best DE against the run is gone (Hayes)
The guy that would have been our best guard is gone(Sitton) even tho he only played one game last year.
We don't really have a real all around TE at the moment.
We don't really have a real #2 corner

Now tell me guys, how are we going to be better this year? Coaching can only do so much.
I'll add this. If this team wins 6 or 7 games then the rebuild is not really working and it's the worst thing that could happen to it.

After the 2007 season we needed to rebuild the team. Pennington felt on our laps, we came out with the wildcat and Brady got hurt that year so we took the east. It all went downhill from there cause as usual we were drafting middle of the pack.

2016 comes Gase. We had a very soft schedule and got the wildcard but we only beat one team with a winning record. "We're almost there". Only we were not and it was an illusion.

What this team really needs it to develop the young players even if we lose this year. The best thing that can happen is to have a top 3 pick in 2020.
The worst thing that can happen is to be drafting middle of the pack yet again.

I can't believe people think we're gonna win 6 or 7 games and what's more, "be better than last year"?
Never mind the starting QB is gone cause I'm glad he is.
But our leading rusher is gone(Gore)
Our leading receiver is gone(Amendola)
Wilson(our best WR)and Grant are both coming back from surgery and at this point neither one is even ready to practice.
You never know what you'll get from Parker.
Our leader in sacks is gone(Wake)
Our 2nd leader in sacks is gone(Quinn)
Our best DE against the run is gone (Hayes)
The guy that would have been our best guard is gone(Sitton) even tho he only played one game last year.
We don't really have a real all around TE at the moment.
We don't really have a real #2 corner

Now tell me guys, how are we going to be better this year? Coaching can only do so much.
I'll add this. If this team wins 6 or 7 games then the rebuild is not really working and it's the worst thing that could happen to it.

After the 2007 season we needed to rebuild the team. Pennington felt on our laps, we came out with the wildcat and Brady got hurt that year so we took the east. It all went downhill from there cause as usual we were drafting middle of the pack.

2016 comes Gase. We had a very soft schedule and got the wildcard but we only beat one team with a winning record. "We're almost there". Only we were not and it was an illusion.

What this team really needs it to develop the young players even if we lose this year. The best thing that can happen is to have a top 3 pick in 2020.
The worst thing that can happen is to be drafting middle of the pack yet again.

If losing Gore and Amendola wrecks your season it was over before it began. Losing Wake is one thing but he had to be replaced anyway. Sitton? Seeing as how he retired from football there was no way he was ever going to revert back to the player he was before he signed last year.

What does any of this mean? I have no idea. The dolphins somehow won seven games despite having all of these older, and ineffective players leading the way.

I know one thing if we go 6-10 or even closer to 500
there will be a lot of disappointed fans come April

I really think 5-11 is the absolute best (worst?) record
we'll achieve -- and the sweet spot being 3-4 wins.

I hope.

:)

If losing Gore and Amendola wrecks your season it was over before it began. Losing Wake is one thing but he had to be replaced anyway. Sitton? Seeing as how he retired from football there was no way he was ever going to revert back to the player he was before he signed last year.

What does any of this mean? I have no idea. The dolphins somehow won seven games despite having all of these older, and ineffective players leading the way.
What it means is that regardless of how old they were they still need to be replaced. I'm glad they're all gone. My point is that we should not expect a better team this year after losing all of them. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and we'll win 7 games again. I'm sure that'll make a lot of people happy. They seem to love those 7 wins seasons on this site.

This team has zero pass rush and a very green and undermanned OL. That is not a recipe for success in the NFL. I think that caps them at 7 wins max.
The O-Line could have three starters back from last year, with Davis likely playing a different position. Do you think losing Larsen and James will make a big difference?

That's right!
We've weeded out the older. and mostly ineffective and overpaid vets.
We won 7 games with them last season...........somehow.
I think we're bringing in younger, and hungrier players that will fill those voids. They may not have the experience that the departed players had, but if the new staff can get them on the same page with scheme and aggressiveness, I think we can surprise some folks.

Back
Top Bottom