Evaluating the value of the RB position | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evaluating the value of the RB position

While we don’t have anyone ‘special’ .... the combination of Gaskin and Ahmed can easily carry us for the next couple years ... don’t get me wrong, Harris is significantly better than both - but do we need him?

We CANNOT say that about our WRs .... there is definitely no one special in that group, and we are severely lacking in speed and play making ability and reliability (consistency).

Lastly, folks keep referring to TUA as a RPO QB, and while he did do that at AL, I seriously doubt that will be the case over his career from what we saw this past year. Yes, we all ‘hope’ that he makes that year 2 jump, with a real offseason + TC ... cuz, if he doesn’t, this FO is gonna look incredibly inept - and frankly stupid for choosing a small frail dude to be your franchise ...
Interesting that you bring up the RPO aspect.

Many ppl push for more RPO, and while more might not be a bad thing, it isn't an overriding concept you can build an NFL offense around, IMO.

At some point, to reach the pinnacle a QB has to be able to stand in the pocket, read the whole field, and deliver the rock on time. If he can't, good defenses will eat him alive. The same is true for the so called "running" QBs. It's a nice tool, but by itself isn't going to win championships on a consistant basis.

While we don’t have anyone ‘special’ .... the combination of Gaskin and Ahmed can easily carry us for the next couple years ...
rondae hollis-jefferson talk GIF

If I’m Grier I am drafting a couple RBs

Seeing a lot of matt forte projections for harris

I don’t think forte ran with the same pop but would you be happy with that kind of return from a top 20 pick rb?

I don’t think I would

Seeing a lot of matt forte projections for harris

I don’t think forte ran with the same pop but would you be happy with that kind of return from a top 20 pick rb?

I don’t think I would
Player comps can drive me nuts. I've read the same things. Prob the same articles.

Harris isn't Forte and Ettiene isn't Kamara. There's similarities. And a lot of differences. Lets not get lazy and really try to actually evaluate the prospects we're dealing with.

Here's a beautifully written player comp for future HOFer Trent Richardson... 🤣🤣🤣

20210201_224551.jpg

"Well I really don't like this comparison, but I'm gonna make it anyway." How bout you keep AP's name out your mouth then?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom