Evan Mathis released | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Read that also, think that removes the Bills from consideration but still leaves a significant amount of teams left that have some level of interest one would think.

A team who has an injury in camp or comes to the conclusion like we did last year in camp that we needed a center because in house options were becoming a disaster probably pulls the trigger. It seems the longer he waits this out the better position he will be in, plus he gets to miss some camp and keep his body fresh.

Is that you Evan? Lol

I will be surprised if he gets anything above what he was going to make in Philly this year. If teams were ready to pay that much, he would already be signed

I will be surprised if he gets anything above what he was going to make in Philly this year. If teams were ready to pay that much, he would already be signed

Agree. People forget he did his MCL last year and missed a bunch of games. Was very durable (lucky?) up to then, but I don't think this guy is getting the payday he was angling for and he knows it. Someone will go down in training camp and that will help boost his market, but not to the point he was looking for in Philly.

Well the Rams and Bills are out now, so who's left other than us? Are chances gotta be improving right?

Pats must surely be looking at him and he's definitely gotta be looking at them.

I would cut some plays to pay for Mathis. I would not just keep signing people and put us in cap hell next year. I would, however, love to sign him and pay for it by cutting other players where we already have depth (dline).

Pats must surely be looking at him and he's definitely gotta be looking at them.

I don't see them having any interest in Mathis
Belichick seems to build his offensive line through the draft and undrafted free agents
although a few years back they signed vet Brian Waters for slightly over the vet minimum
and all he did was make the pro bowl in his 1 season with the Pats.

I doubt Mathis would sign near the vet min and for 1 year, add to the fact that he's turning 34 this season
his chances of playing for the pats are slim and none.

Wayne Hunter is a roster bubble guy. He doesn't affect any decision to pursue an All-Pro like Mathis. If th Bills are out it is because of Mathis' price, not Hunter's presence.

I think the Bills took themselves out long ago because of the price.

Well the Rams and Bills are out now, so who's left other than us? Are chances gotta be improving right?

Well supposedly 10 teams (unnamed) were interested if you believe Drew so..... that leaves another 7 (besides us if we were on the list to begin with)

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/07/0...-need-to-agree-to-performance-based-contract/

Marvez: Evan Mathis May Need to Agree to Performance-Based Contract

“I don’t want to say Drew Rosenhaus overplayed his hand because I don’t necessarily think he did,” Fox Sports’ Alex Marvez said on the Joe Rose Show. “What may have to happen here though is if he’s willing to agree to a contract where Evan gets paid on performance-based incentives and Evan can make money back that will get him above that 5.5 million threshold that he wanted with the Philadelphia Eagles.”

With Training Camp approaching, someone will take a stab at the proven veteran on the interior line, right? Will the Dolphins enter the Mathis sweepstakes?

Apparently some players on the team are worried about the guard position. TheScore on my phone had the article.

Apparently some players on the team are worried about the guard position. TheScore on my phone had the article.
Well at least now we know some players on the team actually have a functionning brain...

Back
Top Bottom