Evan Mathis released | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m2 minutes ago
Evan Mathis, appearing on @CBSSportsRadio, says "exactly what my options are aren't as clear as they will be in a week or two."

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
Mathis said both he and the teams have been patient this summer. "I haven't missed anything. ... There's no rush at all."

Beasley' take.. I read it as more like what was said in the thread, he will see which teams gets a little desperate after they take a look at their O line situation as they are in camp..not that people were away on vacaion

The Dolphins, with major question marks on their interior line, are one of several teams with at least some degree of interest in signing Mathis. But like the rest of the league, their decision-makers have been on vacation the last couple of weeks. Coaches and executives have begun returning to the office and will surely discuss what, if anything, they plan to offer Mathis in the coming days.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article27344131.html#storylink=cpy

I don't think he will get what he wants, and may have to have a performance based contract. our front office needs to just pull the trigger on a decent two year contract and pay him up front.

We NEED Evan Mathis badly. We have question marks at BOTH guard positions and can't expect Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner to be the answers.

I understand he wants to get paid, but I'm not crazy about the way he's going about being a free agent. Makes me think he cares less about being on a winning team and contributing than he does about getting paid. O-line takes time to gel, and the earlier he signs the better. Weren't there reports of him and Jason Peters not being on the same page even after years of playing together? Stop pretending you have any leverage at all and get serious about signing already.

Make Mathis a nice offer. I don't care if he is nearing his mid-30's, he would better than Dallas Thomas in his mid-40's. I am tired of seeing Tannehill running for his life because Thomas is like a revolving door and can't get his body on a defender.

Make Mathis a nice offer. I don't care if he is nearing his mid-30's, he would better than Dallas Thomas in his mid-40's. I am tired of seeing Tannehill running for his life because Thomas is like a revolving door and can't get his body on a defender.

Legit point IMO. But at the same time -- this guy is at the end of the rainbow and has ALREADY PROVEN his value -- so in a supposed "free market" he 's entirely within his rights to go after the $$$$.

That said, I hope we have the solution for G is on our roster. The $$$ we'll burn for a player like him could hurt as much as help.

I don't think he will get what he wants, and may have to have a performance based contract. our front office needs to just pull the trigger on a decent two year contract and pay him up front.

If it were that easy then he would have been signed already. A 2 year contract makes too much sense for the team. Mathis wants something like a 4yr/$28mil contract and everyone is offering him something like 2yrs/$12mil. There in lies your problem.

Let's offer 6.5 for three then, incentive based to allow him more pay with solid play.

He will get offered a 4 year contract. The questions are how will it be structured and will he accept it. Low guaranteed money and no dead cap space late in the deal are not likely what he will accept unless it has heavy front loaded money. I doubt teams offer that.

In the end, we have a shot, but it's like a game of poker. None of the teams knows what the other team has, an everyone is making calculated guesses and play their less than stellar hand.

Everybody is going to be a patriot.

They called me up. Said if I wanted to switch and be a fan of them I would go from being a mediocre fan to an amazing fan. The caviot was that I had to get a lot of concussions, give them all my fan secrets, then become a giant d bag on national TV. I obviously decided to stay at a home town discount.

Back
Top Bottom