Evan Mathis released | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

The Dolphins have done their part splitting with the Pats the last two years.
The big difference maker in the division is the Jets and especially the Bills cant seem to get over the hump.
If the Bills don't beat the Patriots this year at home without Brady then I dont know if they ever will in the Brady/Bellicheck era(in a meaningful game I will add since beating the Pats JV squad in week 16 doesnt count.)

Adam Clippard @AJClipp
@adamteicher w/ more 2015 cap room now that Houston has signed, any chance Evan Mathis gets a look? Still available, could b had for cheaper

@adamteicher: Andy Reid has said the Chiefs wouldn't have an interest in Evan Mathis, a guard who played for him with the Philadelphia Eagles. The Chiefs seem to be comfortable with their options at guard. But things could have changed there since the Chiefs cleared a lot of cap room by signing Houston for the long term.

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city...scott-pioli-deserve-credit-for-justin-houston

The Dolphins have done their part splitting with the Pats the last two years.
The big difference maker in the division is the Jets and especially the Bills cant seem to get over the hump.
If the Bills don't beat the Patriots this year at home without Brady then I dont know if they ever will in the Brady/Bellicheck era(in a meaningful game I will add since beating the Pats JV squad in week 16 doesnt count.)

Am I the only one who sees it as a blessing Miami plays the jets in London instead of at home ? The Dolphins haven't been able to beat the jets at home in years, and Geno busts hard to play out of his mind in miami in front of his family and friends.

Dolphins play well in London overall (take away the 1-15 season game there and even with that terrible team the game was very close to the end, 13-10 on a drenched sloppy field). Neutral site games have been kind to Miami, recall the Toronto game where Miami unloaded on the Bills.

— Evan Mathis (@EvanMathis69) June 19, 2015
Mathis reached out to me and said he did not demand a $3 million raise. He also said he was never offered a $1 million raise. Exact words:

"All I asked for in the end was Pro Bowl/All-Pro bonuses that would allow me to reach 8 mil/year. Which is slightly less than top 5 OG APY. But I would have had to earn them."

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...free-agent-offensive-guard-nfl-drew-rosenhaus

That's all he wanted. Well guess we can see why he hasn't signed yet.

8 million per year lol he sure has a sense of humour

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8 million per year lol he sure has a sense of humour

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Interested to see what kind of contract he gets in the end. Still can't see how Miami signs him but we shall see.

his dream of $8 million just isn't going to happen, he's had no takers at $6 million.

oh well.... i wonder if all that comes into a realization for him that maybe this is why he is not on a team right now!

oh well.... i wonder if all that comes into a realization for him that maybe this is why he is not on a team right now!

5 million w incentive is a lot
More than 0 million . I think he'll sign before the season starts.

Still must acquire him. Someone take a pay cut, sell your house, do something. It's an obvious team weakness at G and the guy would solve at least of those problems.

I'm hoping we sign Mathis, because going from the biggest team weakness to an All-Pro is a huge improvement. But we need to remember, he is old and gets injuries.

We can't count on him and Albert being healthy for 16 games and a playoff run. But our OL looks a whole lot netter with one of them than none.

I'm hoping we sign Mathis, because going from the biggest team weakness to an All-Pro is a huge improvement. But we need to remember, he is old and gets injuries.

We can't count on him and Albert being healthy for 16 games and a playoff run. But our OL looks a whole lot netter with one of them than none.

Well, he's certainly not a long term answer. Eventually, our coaches need to get something out of our young players in Turner and Douglas. This would give them a little more time to do so and some more veteran leadership on the line. Albert alone isn't enough.

If Mathis is looking for $8 a year we will get 1-year deals thrown at him and nothing more.

No team will invest a big money long term deal on a 33 (34 in Nov) year old guard.

If he wants security he should take the 2-3 year deals at $5 being offered.

Updated the original post with this little tid bit. Guy I follow on Twitter, Robi2184, retweeted earlier.

[tweet]625413366887129088[/tweet]

Back
Top Bottom