Evan Mathis released | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Nobody is paying this guy that much. He's old. Give him a one or two year deal. Nobody wanted to trade for him, but now he's worth 5 or 6 mil a year?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

uh-oh. cut Mitchell and make room. haha!

Probably cut Dallas.

I don't buy this taking 1st team reps crap. I think the coaches are basically taking one final look at Dallas vs the 1's and deciding if he is even worth bringing into camp.

This makes entirely too much sense to not happen. We always get creative with contracts. Come on front office. Work your magic.

Honeslty if we sign Mathis my head might explode.

Would be perfect.

Amen...I'm already very happy with this off-season...this would blow it over the top, and before this off-season I would have said we had no chance of signing him...can't say that now with T-bomb.

Rotoworld says he'll do well to get more than half of what he was making on the open market for what it's worth.

He was making $5.5 mil last year. If there's any chance we can get him for less than that I think we have to do it. Problem may be that we won't want to give him a multi year deal with him being 33.

2 yr, 8M, $5MG. Simple. Sign him up.

He was making $5.5 mil last year. If there's any chance we can get him for less than that I think we have to do it. Problem may be that we won't want to give him a multi year deal with him being 33.

2 Year / $10 / $5 Guaranteed

Done.

LT - Albert
LG - Mathis
C - Pouncey
RG - Boot Strap Billy Turner
RT - James

The fact no one would send a 7 over leads me to believe he isn't going to do great on the open market. If we could get him on a 2/9 deal with $5M GTD I think it'd get it done. $3M fully GTD year 1, $6M with $2M GTD the following year.

He's probably already on his way to South Florida.

Good news. Mosley and Mathis (hopefully) shore up the trenches

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 11m11 minutes ago
What's the appropriate price for Evan Mathis, who is 34? Hard to envision him getting more than $8M for 2 yrs. But we'll soon see.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 10m10 minutes ago
A word of caution to Dolphins fans: If there ever was a Belichick free agent signing, Evan Mathis at age 34 is it.

Back
Top Bottom