Evan Mathis released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 11m11 minutes ago
What's the appropriate price for Evan Mathis, who is 34? Hard to envision him getting more than $8M for 2 yrs. But we'll soon see.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 10m10 minutes ago
A word of caution to Dolphins fans: If there ever was a Belichick free agent signing, Evan Mathis at age 34 is it.

Same Bilicheat that tossed out Logan Mankins who was up in age and over paid?

Great. This site will explode if he signs with Buffalo or NE.

He better not!!!

jeff-gillooly-tonya-harding.jpg

:foundout:

problem is, in my humble opinion, if this becomes a bargain basement deal and he has to settle for less than what he anticipates......it's very likely he'd prefer to mosey over to the defending SB champ's facility for his few final years. if patriots are indeed bidders, we are gonna have to legitimately out-bid them, no ifs ands or buts......

I'm sure we have contacted him already or at least Rosenrosen has contacted us.

His uncle is Bob Baumhower - Do it!

Considering he wanted a new contract and he's what? 32 or 33 years old. Not sure we'll be able to sign him. He's going to want a long term deal (4 or 5 years) at about $6 mil per minimum is my guess.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 5m5 minutes ago
Former #Eagles G Evan Mathis had stayed away from OTAs, wanting an increased salary. There was some predraft trade interest. Now, released.

What he wants and what he gets will likely be two completely different things...

He was willing to accept what the Eagles offered him last yr but they said that offer was off the table, that contract would have given him a million more a yr plus a chance to make considerably more in incentives, which would have put him in the 6-7 million a yr range before incentives and he wants the incentives to make him one of the top 5 guards in the game....I like it, incentive contract with guarantees at 6-7 million a yr for a pro bowl guard with 3-5 yrs left in the tank......

Chip Kelly is a mess, why didn't he try to trade him....now the bidding will make him one of the top paid guards in the league.....

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly · 11m11 minutes ago
What's the appropriate price for Evan Mathis, who is 34? Hard to envision him getting more than $8M for 2 yrs. But we'll soon see.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley · 10m10 minutes ago
A word of caution to Dolphins fans: If there ever was a Belichick free agent signing, Evan Mathis at age 34 is it.

Good, at least we know the Pats won't pursue him.

His agent is Drew. This is a must sign situation. Any move that puts Dallas Thomas on the bench has to be the correct move. No joke, get him signed, fast!!

I hope he signs somewhere soon so this forum can finally move on.

Move on to what? The next news story that you'll get tired of within hours? How about you move on to another thread if it doesn't interest you.

His agent is Drew. This is a must sign situation. Any move that puts Dallas Thomas on the bench has to be the correct move. No joke, get him signed, fast!!

Signing Mathis means we can move Dallas Thomas to LT over Jason Fox...:chuckle:

I would throw in a bid, but don't get too excited...There will be plenty of teams vying for his services.

Back
Top Bottom