Evan Mathis released | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Connolly retiring just made the news. Next, Mathis to the Patriots.

What makes you assume that? Connolly has been a freeagent since the start of FA, patriots didn't attempt to sign him, he visited with one or two teams and got no offers, so if Pats were going to grab Mathis as replacement for him, would have started that process from day 1 of Mathis being released.

Well odds are he'll be right - I mean, if everyone is offering you the same money, you're going to go with the winner. So it's just a probability thing.

Since this is probably his last contract (barring a 1 year deal) and money was the HUGE problem for him in Philly, he's likely to sign with the highest bidder. Which of course we cannot afford to be, and isn't usually the way the Patriots do business either (unless they convince him to take a 1 year deal).

a patriot watch?

thumb.aspx

Cheater time!

Sleazy Cheater Update: They will be using drones this summer to tape training camp practices. Yo Philbin, keep your eye in the sky!

The Pats also cut the guy they traded Logan Mankins for. No telling what their motive is on the o-line.

It wouldn't shock me if the Cheatriots went 7-9. They lost Revis, Browner and Wilfork on defense; Brady may miss four games, although I think it gets reduced to two; the Jets, Bills and Dolphins got better; they lost Vareen and Ridley at Running Back, they don't have anyone that worries you at WR other than Edelman the midget. Other than Brady and Gronk they don't impress me much, and sooner or later they are gonna suck.

It wouldn't shock me if the Cheatriots went 7-9. They lost Revis, Browner and Wilfork on defense; Brady may miss four games, although I think it gets reduced to two; the Jets, Bills and Dolphins got better; they lost Vareen and Ridley at Running Back, they don't have anyone that worries you at WR other than Edelman the midget. Other than Brady and Gronk they don't impress me much, and sooner or later they are gonna suck.

I don't know that they'll drop that low (7-9), but this is about as winnable and/or wide open the division has looked in the last decade+ (not counting the year Brady sat out with injury).

As long as Billicheat is there head coach there not going anywhere.

yeah, never underestimate the Patriots, especially with roster turnover. perennial scariest not-that-scary team.

yeah, never underestimate the Patriots, especially with roster turnover. perennial scariest not-that-scary team.

That's kinda how it goes when you never know their extent of cheating.

Id like to know what the patriots plan at corner is...i guess they are gonna depend on that pass rush to hide db deficiencies cause that secondary looks ripe for the taking on paper

Id like to know what the patriots plan at corner is...i guess they are gonna depend on that pass rush to hide db deficiencies cause that secondary looks ripe for the taking on paper

They will count on the pass rush, McCourty, and they will find bodies to play adequete in the system. He just seems to be able to do that. It surely doesnt seem like they will be dominant though at the corner postion and that defense really stepped up to help the O when it was struggling at times last year. You just cant count them out although it seems on paper that the division should give them more of a challenge this year but felt that way in the past also.

Back
Top Bottom