Ever since McD left the 49ers…… | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ever since McD left the 49ers……

Kyle Shanahan was gutted to lose him for a reason.
It appeared Shanahan tried his best to hide MCDaniel because he obviously didn’t want to lose him. Until McDaniel’s name came up as a coach the Dolphins were interested in interviewing for their head coaching position, very few fans had ever heard of him in Miami.

The thought was he was just a run game coordinator and that Shanahan was the offensive mastermind since he called the plays in the game. McDaniel was obviously a major reason the 49ers were what they were on offense last year.

I have no idea who recommended that the Dolphins interview MCDaniel for their head coaching position but whoever it was needs to be given a BIG raise.

If last night was an indication of where Jimmy G is, it makes sense why no one wanted to trade for him
He just came off shoulder surgery and he didn’t really get any action in preseason. The surgery was the reason no team wanted to trade for him.

The 49ers obviously signed him to a new contract in an attempt to reduce his cap hit for this season with the hope they wouldn’t
need him. Unfortunately for them, Lance went down and is out for the year and now they have to hope Garrapolo’s shoulder will improve as the season goes along.

It appeared Shanahan tried his best to hide MCDaniel because he obviously didn’t want to lose him. Until McDaniel’s name came up as a coach the Dolphins were interested in interviewing for their head coaching position, very few fans had ever heard of him in Miami.

The thought was he was just a run game coordinator and that Shanahan was the offensive mastermind since he called the plays in the game. McDaniel was obviously a major reason the 49ers were what they were on offense last year.

I have no idea who recommended that the Dolphins interview MCDaniel for their head coaching position but whoever it was needs to be given a BIG raise.
That is an interesting question. Ross has certain “confidantes” who advise him. However, I have to think it might have been MMS agent. Why? Because MM knew how Lance and Jimmy we’re not the answer, and MM wanted out.

We tried to interview him for OC the year prior, but it was blocked by San Fran. I've desperately wanted him since then after reading about him.

To get him as head coach is best case scenario since now he can't be poached and that system is OURS.

He just came off shoulder surgery and he didn’t really get any action in preseason. The surgery was the reason no team wanted to trade for him.

The 49ers obviously signed him to a new contract in an attempt to reduce his cap hit for this season with the hope they wouldn’t
need him. Unfortunately for them, Lance went down and is out for the year and now they have to hope Garrapolo’s shoulder will improve as the season goes along.
Ah I didn’t know that. Or forgot about it. Makes sense

The 49ers were facing the severe likelihood of a downer season, after vaulting from 6 wins in 2020 to 10 wins in 2021.

I realize nobody likes that stuff, as opposed to subjective personnel evaluation. But the situational aspects do a far better job of forecasting and understanding the landscape.

For example, in yesterday's game between Baltimore and New England there were opposing trends in play. The Ravens are in uptick mode after the decline of 3+ wins in 2021, while the Patriots are in downtick mode after rising 3+ victories last year.

Baltimore was also on the road following a defeat. That is a high energy scenario.

Regarding the Dolphins, I must caution that we will not be immune in 2023. Be careful what you wish for. If somehow this turns into a very special season with 12+ regular season wins, that triggers Miami into regression mode next season. All the little things are more likely to go wrong, not right.

That's why it's ultra imperative to fully take advantage of a surprisingly positive season. You may not get another chance. I felt so sick for the Bengals at the end of that Super Bowl, knowing darn well the territory they were likely to enter this season.

Burrow might be special enough to offset a downtick season. That's really the only way to avoid it, if your quarterback is so freakish that he can bail out even negative scenarios and low team energy level by willing the 27+ points necessary to win most of these games.

Back
Top Bottom