everson griffen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

everson griffen

A Rolando McLain is a nice addition but it's merely checking off a need box, a tidy upgrade. No one in the league would be shaking if Miami suddenly has Rolando McLain. On the other hand, freak is a rarely summoned word and no one has ever questioned the legitimacy of attaching that label to Griffen.

Perfectly stated.

those were 2 excellent posts by ck and awsi...

exactly the kind of information you want to hear when evaluating a player

:hi5:

and i absolutely agree with ck that you'd like to take derrick morgans skills and put them on everson griffens legs...

of course then you'd have a top 3 pick imo...easy

The key for me is that Jason Pierre-Paul may be a freak, but he hasn't seemed to absorb too much coaching, and I keep hearing bad things about his work ethic and penchant for partying (and possibly missing pre-Combine workouts due to his partying). He also sounds legitimately dumb, and plays dumb at times as well. I don't think a guy has to be a rocket scientist and I do give deference to the fact that some guys are a little young to have completely mature work habits...but all of that is just too much for me.

Everson Griffen is not a Derrick Morgan or Brandon Graham when it comes to work ethic, attitude, etc. But, in some ways he reminds me of Vontae Davis. Vontae obviously had some issues, and his attitude still strikes me as young, immature and even a little off-putting at times. But he came out and said the right things and did the right things this year, really going out of his way to try and be a leader, a hard worker and a coachable player. Even if it's just to impress people as I sometimes suspect is what Vontae is thinking, there's still something to be said for a guy that will go that out of the way to impress everyone.

The key for me is that Jason Pierre-Paul may be a freak, but he hasn't seemed to absorb too much coaching, and I keep hearing bad things about his work ethic and penchant for partying (and possibly missing pre-Combine workouts due to his partying). He also sounds legitimately dumb, and plays dumb at times as well. I don't think a guy has to be a rocket scientist and I do give deference to the fact that some guys are a little young to have completely mature work habits...but all of that is just too much for me.

Everson Griffen is not a Derrick Morgan or Brandon Graham when it comes to work ethic, attitude, etc. But, in some ways he reminds me of Vontae Davis. Vontae obviously had some issues, and his attitude still strikes me as young, immature and even a little off-putting at times. But he came out and said the right things and did the right things this year, really going out of his way to try and be a leader, a hard worker and a coachable player. Even if it's just to impress people as I sometimes suspect is what Vontae is thinking, there's still something to be said for a guy that will go that out of the way to impress everyone.

I agree in so many ways CK. JPP has a ton of question marks going into the draft for me. Just watch the film, he doesn't look "football smart".

Griffen is a Vontae Davis, but that's what this team needs with Porter gone.

b/t mel kipers new mock has everson griffen #14 to seattle...stocks going up...

has us taking rolando mcclain at #12...

Besides, we need USC guys. The avoidance has been preposterous for more than 4 decades; Roy Foster and virtually no one else.

We had Sammy Knight for a few seasons, though we didn't draft him.

Awsi, I always greatly enjoy all of your posts, and your opinion about Griffen are about like the final word with me. Do you think an apt comparison with Griffen now, would be Willie McGinest when he was coming out? That is who I think of anyway.

Back
Top Bottom