everson griffen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

everson griffen

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
holy cow...i just got done looking at some of his stuff...impressive...this guy plays on his feet like he's 250 lbs has a burst to the ball and quick acceleration...and some eye popping closing speed...

is that guy really 280 lbs??? his change of direction is so damn fluid...his read and react skills and awareness are excellent...sets the edge very well...

wow...he looks much more natural standing up to me than derrick morgan and he has EXCELLENT speed...

that's one hell of a great looking prospect...now i can see 3-4 solb there...absolutely

Yeah, like I said, if he interviews well with the FO, I think he should be right behind Berry as OUR guy at 12. No way I see him as a reach - practically anywhere in the draft.

honestly, when i look at griffen vs derrick morgan or jpp as conversion solbs it's no contest...

i mean he looks to me like the perfect 3-4 solb fit...he really does

i don't really like to put a top 15 grade on a solb but this guy looks so good i can't ignore it...

i think he projects better than brandon graham (who i like alot) as a solb...

if there was a question for me it would be can he carry the te down the field 20 yards in coverage...but he's got better speed than any of these other 270 lb def ends to me and much better change of direction...

he looks like a guy to me also with his awareness and change of direction and initial burst who could easily drop into soft zones and close on plays in front of and around him...

I wouldn't be upset if we took him at #12, and I think it's a possibility for sure.

Been a BIG fan of his for a couple years now.

Love Griffen. Not better than Graham, but it's very close. Wouldn't be upset with either at #12. Derrick Morgan won't last to #12 amd JPP is too much of a project to take that high. Griffen and Jason Worilds are two of my favorite OLB prospects in the draft.

i like jason worilds a lot also but he's dropping for me...3 shoulder surgeries and still issues with that shoulder popping out...

that's a medical risk that i may move back down to pick #74 consideration...

i like jason worilds a lot also but he's dropping for me...3 shoulder surgeries and still issues with that shoulder popping out...

that's a medical risk that i may move back down to pick #74 consideration...
We'll be lucky for him to be available at #43, but we'll see.

explain to me why you guys prefer worilds over griffen??? no concerns whatsoever about that shoulder and the fact it keeps popping out???

griffen i don't think is gonna have short arms either at the combine...unlike brandon graham

nah....griffen's my favorite solb convert

We'll be lucky for him to be available at #43, but we'll see.

maybe not but i personally won't take a guy that high with that kind of medical record unless i was ABSOLUTELY sure that it wasn't gonna be an issue...and all reports are that the shoulder is still an issue...

honestly, when i look at griffen vs derrick morgan or jpp as conversion solbs it's no contest...

i mean he looks to me like the perfect 3-4 solb fit...he really does

i don't really like to put a top 15 grade on a solb but this guy looks so good i can't ignore it...

i think he projects better than brandon graham (who i like alot) as a solb...

if there was a question for me it would be can he carry the te down the field 20 yards in coverage...but he's got better speed than any of these other 270 lb def ends to me and much better change of direction...

he looks like a guy to me also with his awareness and change of direction and initial burst who could easily drop into soft zones and close on plays in front of and around him...

On the player comparison post, I said that Griffen reminds me of L. Woodley fused with J. Taylor - as a physical specimen. If we see him maximizing his abilities, there's no question he's worth a high draft pick. He should be a 10+ sack player that's able to cover and set the edge. It's just a matter of him utilizing his abilities. Especially with a M. Nolan, his versatility as an athlete will pay dividends. Like I said, he reminds me - I hope - of V. Davis (in terms of his rap sheet).

explain to me why you guys prefer worilds over griffen??? no concerns whatsoever about that shoulder and the fact it keeps popping out???

griffen i don't think is gonna have short arms either at the combine...unlike brandon graham

nah....griffen's my favorite solb convert

After watching some more tape on Graham, I'm convinced that he's a WSOLB. He's great against the run - but more as a penetrating force than an edge setter. At SSOLB, you can't just get by with penetration. And, unless we move Wake to SSOLB (assuming Wake will be one of our starting OLB's), we're looking for a SSOLB. If we are looking for a WSOLB, I like J. Hughes better in that roll than Graham.

After watching some more tape on Graham, I'm convinced that he's a WSOLB. He's great against the run - but more as a penetrating force than an edge setter. At SSOLB, you can't just get by with penetration. And, unless we move Wake to SSOLB (assuming Wake will be one of our starting OLB's), we're looking for a SSOLB. If we are looking for a WSOLB, I like J. Hughes better in that roll than Graham.

i like hughes better also than graham as a wolb...but i think graham plays the run pretty well...graham is an upfield disruptive force but he plays with such good leverage and power i think he can handle things at the poa and he can get off blocks and imo uses his hands well...i still see for us a better solb fit...the arm length concerns me somewhat...

but i think after just doing a head to head comparison b/t graham and griffen i like griffens change of direction short area burst and awareness more than grahams...i just see a very natural looking standup player...

for my eyes to date i feel that hughes as a wolb and griffen as a solb project the best as standup players...ie 3-4 olbs

off the field issues/concerns with griffen??? if so fill me in...

Not off the field as much as consistent effort on the field. From what it seems like to me, he didn't always maximize his physical talent because he was so much more talented than is opposition, he could get on going 75% at times. Also, there were some attitude concerns. I guess he's improved a great deal in both categories this past season. But, he wasn't productive after sustaining a toe (I think) injury. He had seven sacks in six weeks (weeks 2-7) and didn't record any after the injury. So, can he not play through injuries, or was the injury worse than advertised? I don't know.

Those are the issues, though.

Back
Top Bottom