Every Damn Day I Have To Go To Work And Hear.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Damn Day I Have To Go To Work And Hear....

...what has happened to your team? What is wrong with them? OH MY GOD, they are terrible, what's going on???

And then the sympathetic people...."Sorry about your fish :( "

Gee, thanks! Can we just move on with our lives. I thankfully will have ALL my Sunday's back for the first time in my life back 25 years now. More family time, more FUN drinking time, more work around the house or time out of the house!

Anyway, what did we do to deserve this?

i feel the pain this year but in all honesty i'd rather be in our position than about 20-25 other teams.. obviously with all the picks and cap $$ next year things can get better quickly

I've been fortunate. I thought this was going to be a rough season of heckling by non-Dolphin fans. I live in an area that is predominately Eagles country, but there are a great deal of Giants, Cowboys, and Steelers fans too. Surprisingly, over years, I've gotten to know a lot of Dolphins fans here too. There are only two Dolphins fans at my job, but the others (non-dolphins) have been pretty quiet about them, they know what the Dolphins are trying to achieve and envy the draft picks and cap space they have moving forward (go figure).

I guess it's too easy to talk trash about a team who is making it very obvious about what they are doing.

As if the Dolphins had anything to brag about for the last 15 years. The cycle of mediocrity is worse than the tank because there is no upside. It just allows the fans to delude themselves into thinking the team is on the brink. The Dolphins’ problem was that the owner and the front office allowed themselves to be equally deluded.

I honestly don’t get the complaints. What the hell have we accomplished for the pass 10-15 years? How many playoff berths? Wins?

What the hell do some of these fans want? More of the same?

So what we suck now? We sucked before..what’s the difference?

At least now we truly have resources that can not only break the cycle but put us in a place for sustain success if those resources are utilized correctly.

I was in an elevator with an old lady today in my condo who noticed my Dolphin hat. She told me she was embarrassed to wear any Dolphin gear now. No joke, lol.

I'd have look at that old bitch and said "how's it feel to know you're gonna be dead before they are good again".

This year isn't anymore embarrassing than the last 10 years.

The only people that should be embarrassed are Grier and Ross. Other than that, just embrace the tank and have fun with it. Anytime someone at work tries to make fun of my Fins I just start chanting Tua, Tua, Tua, Tua.

I work with a Ravens fan and a Pats fan, both understand that I'm fully embracing the rebuild process so talking trash isn't going to be effective. There's also a Cowboys fan that doesn't understand football, so I'm sure I'll hear how bad they are from her on Monday.

I'm literally laughing at how bad the team is every week; I'm fully looking forward to to the offseason.

I honestly don’t get the complaints. What the hell have we accomplished for the pass 10-15 years? How many playoff berths? Wins?

What the hell do some of these fans want? More of the same?

So what we suck now? We sucked before..what’s the difference?

At least now we truly have resources that can not only break the cycle but put us in a place for sustain success if those resources are utilized correctly.
Exactly. The way some people are going on you’d think this was 1975 and they’re dismantling the early 70s team (or even the early 80s or early 90s teams since those were the last times this franchise was competitive for a championship). They’re dismantling a team that’s the dictionary definition of mediocre (when they’re not flirting with bad). We just had two losing seasons in a row after being manhandled in the first round of the playoffs (and before that 7 seasons without playoffs of any kind).

Even if the tank utterly fails at making this an elite team, it would hardly be a Herculean feat to restore the status quo of mediocre with a first round playoff defeat thrown in there once every 7 years or so and plenty of jobbing to the true titans of the league.

I work remote for a company located in Boston so you can only imagine. It's a very simple response of "#TankForTua" every time though so it's no big deal, they get it. In 2022 when Brady breaks a hip and then Belichick has retired because there's no way he coaches a single game without Brady now that his legacy has been cemented, I'll be the one laughing.

I live in upstate NY and I have dealt with heckling Bills fans my whole life. Just have to give them a “wide right” and it still gut punches them 18 years later.
you remind them that they are going all out to finish 9-7 and get blown out in foxborough in January. That's the curling for them

Every day I have to go to work and hear..."Good morning FSU Truth"

You got to get out in front of this and embrace the tank. All my buddies dont talk **** about it because its what I wanted. I think the majority of them are kind of envious because they are stuck with a mediocre QB. They wouldnt admit that though.

This year isn't anymore embarrassing than the last 10 years.

Objectively speaking, if you can't be embarrassed by being the worst team in the modern era of football, then I don't think anything can embarrass you. I guess I'm down with being shameless.

This team sucks, has sucked since Marino left, save for a few slight shimmers of hope here and there. This time, instead of pumping insane amount of dollars at peaking FAs, we've done the opposite. We're on track to lose extreme double digits...instead of our usual 8-9 losses.

I'm ok with that.

...what has happened to your team? What is wrong with them? OH MY GOD, they are terrible, what's going on???

And then the sympathetic people...."Sorry about your fish :( "

Gee, thanks! Can we just move on with our lives. I thankfully will have ALL my Sunday's back for the first time in my life back 25 years now. More family time, more FUN drinking time, more work around the house or time out of the house!

Anyway, what did we do to deserve this?

Just have to make it clear you now what's going on but then you'll get, "really do you like Tua?" or "too bad they're tanking in the wrong year, Lawrence comes out next year." LOL we can't win right now. just embrace the tank and HOPE for better days.

I live in NE, I just move on to talk about their off the field issues. I know 6 rings but Patsies fans are very, very sensitive and the off the field stuff usually gets them to go away LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom