Every Damn Day I Have To Go To Work And Hear.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Damn Day I Have To Go To Work And Hear....

I own it. Have so since January. My buddies, who are quick to clown, don't even mention it. Everyone I know has been informed this a "rip the bandaid off" season.

oh yeah i beat em to the punch this year so they cant get any enjoyment out of it. i walked in this morning at the same time as a bills fan. "**** yeah we got another #1 next year, another starter gone, we getting that 0-16"

Any time anyone laughs at the Dolphins or make a joke(mostly some friends of mine) I just laugh it off. We haven't been good for a long long time and now we're doing what we should have done years ago. Instead of plugging holes here and there we'll looking to add a lot of talent in the next two off seasons. It was about time they did what they're doing now.

I work at a sports television network.

I get it everyday. I like the attention.

The staff thinks playing Fitz is a total bone head move.

*shrug*

I think I'm going clay shooting next Sunday.

Might make a point of travelling South to Stonewall Resort State Park for the National Hunting and Fishing Days celebration.

It'll be a relaxing day instead of gut wrenching.

Looking forward to it. :up:

I could care less what anybody says. People around me know we just landed another first round pick. We all knew this was going to be a tough year. I canceled my Sunday Ticket (DirecTv blows since AT&T took over) and I felt at peace Sunday, just watching whatever was on locally. I haven't missed a game in 20 yrs at least, but I can take a break watching this year.

It’s a shame because a lot of the people questioning us in our everyday lives are casual non dolphins fans that don’t know how bad Miami stripped the roster down. To them it’s just another awful year for Miami.

...what has happened to your team? What is wrong with them? OH MY GOD, they are terrible, what's going on???

And then the sympathetic people...."Sorry about your fish :( "

Gee, thanks! Can we just move on with our lives. I thankfully will have ALL my Sunday's back for the first time in my life back 25 years now. More family time, more FUN drinking time, more work around the house or time out of the house!

Anyway, what did we do to deserve this?

Yeah, I have the same problem, everyone when they see me, 1st thing is a sarcastic smile, then the ever famous "What happened?"

I even made a bet with our Credit Manager (A Jets Fan) that Miami would be better then the Jets.

Though, the Jets fans are the worse, but our executive VP (A Giants fan), and one of our Accountants (A Cowboys fan) are the most brutal.

Here in God's country (Alabama)the joke i get told.......EVERY FREAKING DAY...Miami???...The team so bad,Nick Saban couldn't even fix them!!!
I swear i get that every f****** day..

I literally tell people 30 other teams walking away without a chip this year, wtf they doing, we making moves with big plans.

Doesn’t bother me . . . What bothers me is filling the roster with Suh and Jones and Cutler contracts and then proceed to go on the road and lose 41-0 in primetime to the Ravens. That **** is painful.

This is promise.

Right on. Both losses bother me very little this year. Knowing that we are changing and rebuilding growing pains are expected. I am neither embarrassed nor pissed off. As long as I see progress I am excited to see this rebuild effort to progress.

I live in Chiefs land. And Miami is just as relevant to them today as they have been over the years...zero relevancy.

I hear more about the Cowgirls and Donkeys.

I could care less what anybody says. People around me know we just landed another first round pick. We all knew this was going to be a tough year. I canceled my Sunday Ticket (DirecTv blows since AT&T took over) and I felt at peace Sunday, just watching whatever was on locally. I haven't missed a game in 20 yrs at least, but I can take a break watching this year.
See, this is what I don't understand. If I am a fan of a team why would I just bail like that when they are in a rebuilding process? As a fan I want to see through that process of rebuilding and see the team slowly grow. I would want to see that entire process through.

See, this is what I don't understand. If I am a fan of a team why would I just bail like that when they are in a rebuilding process? As a fan I want to see through that process of rebuilding and see the team slowly grow. I would want to see that entire process through.
yeah I told myself I'll watch the other games and catch the highlights. instead I'll still check in and watch it. I figure I'll take the hits this year. Next year I am talking so much trash and no one can stop me

Back
Top Bottom