Every drop back of Tua’s first 2 seasons | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every drop back of Tua’s first 2 seasons

Umm who is Anthony Cover 1? He just seems to be a random Bills fan. How is this credible? He doesn't even cite his source, he's just some guy with a podcast. I can tweet that Tua faced the most pressure in NFL history that doesn't make it true. No offense but it feels like you couldn't find a reputable site to back your statement up so you just found this random tweet. Here is some information from pro football reference.

Now "pressure" is entirely subjective and up to the source to determine so I am not saying that pro football reference is the end all be all but at least it's a credible source and not some random tweet.

61zed8.jpg

Umm who is Anthony Cover 1? He just seems to be a random Bills fan. How is this credible? He doesn't even cite his source, he's just some guy with a podcast. I can tweet that Tua faced the most pressure in NFL history that doesn't make it true. No offense but it feels like you couldn't find a reputable site to back your statement up so you just found this random tweet. Here is some information from pro football reference.

Now "pressure" is entirely subjective and up to the source to determine so I am not saying that pro football reference is the end all be all but at least it's a credible source and not some random tweet.

61zed8.jpg
The problem with pressures is that PFF and PFR have different figures...

Being sacked a lot does not mean the OL sucks. In 2018 the Packer's OL ranked 7th and the Cowboys 14th. Dak Prescott was sacked 2nd most in the NFL and Rodgers was sacked 5th most.

It could be a combination of things. Maybe the QB holds on to the ball because he's lost out there, maybe the offense run's a lot of deep routes thus forcing the QB to hold on to the ball, maybe the QB has a habit of scrambling around instead of simply throwing the ball away, or maybe it's another reason altogether that can only be seen by watching the game.

Stats don't tell the whole story.

Ok thanks Capt obvious but if you used your observation skills then you'd know the Bengals Oline actually sucks.

It’s also known that Tua lowers the pressure percentage with his style of play. That’s why our OL numbers improved last season with him center. It’s not that the line played better. It’s that he made the line look better.

This was one of the more obvious positives in Tua's game this year. So refreshing after a previous guy that couldn't sense diesel bus about to run him over.

Would it surprise you to learn that Tua’s career pass attempts is only about 29 higher than Allen’s this year with almost the same amount of passing yards, ints, and passer rating. 27tds vs 36tds is the only real advantage that Allen has. But when you factor in the surrounding talent on offense, coaching scheme, the quick passing game, and the fact that it was his first 670 pass attempts it’s probably more impressive than Allen’s season. I would imagine Tua will be better by the time he reaches 2,000 pass attempts. Just saying.

Miami had 45 “big” plays in the passing game this season vs Buffalo’s 51. I don’t have a way to figure out Tua’s completion’s of 20 yards or more for his career but I would imagine it’s not that far off of the 45 posted this season by him and Brisket.

It’s also known that Tua lowers the pressure percentage with his style of play. That’s why our OL numbers improved last season with him center. It’s not that the line played better. It’s that he made the line look better.
He really is the best ever.

Exactly, finally someone gets it! This is why Kansas City decided to cut Mahomes and look for a QB instead of investing a first round pick at RB, trading a first round pick for a LT, signing a LG to an $80 million contract, and drafting a center in the second round. If Mahomes needs a clean pocket and a running game, it’s really time to ditch him and move on.

You're taking his thoughts out of context.

Noone has ever said it doesnt take a team to win a Superbowl. That isn't the level of successful he is referring to.

61zed8.jpg
Your source supports the random tweeter’s assertion that josh Allen was the most pressured quarterback by raw number of pressures though.

Back
Top Bottom