every magazine predicting phins to finish last | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

every magazine predicting phins to finish last

jd13

Starter
Reaction score
i have now seen 3 magazines (athlons, pfw and street&smiths) and 2 predicted us to go 4-12 and the other predicted us to finish last but didnt give a record...i am not going to sit here and say the dolphins will go 14-2 this year but we sure as hell arent going to be 4-12...no way in hell!!! not with this coaching staff or the players that were brought in or already here...i guess i would rather see us picked last than first...there were a lot of years that we were predicted to go to the super bowl but didnt even win the division...1995 comes to mind...there were 3-4 games last year that we should have won...i think we will go 10-6 this year...i dont know if that will get us in the playoffs because the afc is so stacked...but at least it will be fun to watch the dolphins again...

Good.

Let them think that. There are going to be some extremely surprised people, and I can't wait.

Well lets just hope that we just go right ahead and prove every magazine wrong. Simple as that. :D

It's hardly suprising...

We were a bad team last year... and whilst we have improved drastically, last year is all they have to go on + we are in a rock hard division.

These magazines also tend to sit on the fence so there will be no 'far out' predictions.

For what it's worth, I also think we will finish last in the division because the Pats, Jets and Bills are all decent teams at the moment.

Who cares what they think. It's a what have you done for me league. That's why there were years that we were picked first and/or second when there was no way we should have been. Same thing this year. They only go by what we did last year. They don't take into account the personnel changes in the coaching staff or the players themselves.. No, we won't set the world on fire.. but I see 3rd place and 9-7... missing out on a wild card.. Again, I don't care what they think, it's nothing but their opinion!

new coaching staff...unproven RB/QB/O-line/Defensive backfield...its not really that hard to fathom us with a top 5 pick again

are you kidding me? a top 5 pick again...feeley or frerotte will not be worse than fiedler...ronnie brown will be better than sammy morris/lamar gordon/travis minor/...hudson houck, instead of tony wise, will have our ol be respectable...last year in san diego he took 5 new guys who never played together including 4th and 7th round rookies and they were decent...saban instead of wanny and linehan instead of forester, who never was an oc before last year...

fiedler was the #3 winningest QB while he started....he was a decent QB...

the only reason he won is because he had a good team around him..he cant win games by himself...he is a tough guy and has a lot of heart but is limited...a perfect backup...

painnotpleasure said:
Well lets just hope that we just go right ahead and prove every magazine wrong. Simple as that. :D
You cheerleader.:tongue:

They have not done their research. Unfortunately that's the state of journalism these days (if you can call it that).

Slappy8800 said:
fiedler was the #3 winningest QB while he started....he was a decent QB...

Nope, he played on a pretty good team. He stunk, especially in the playoffs. Raiders and Ravens made him look like a high school QB.

Back
Top Bottom